Illegal to Advertise Nest Run Eggs as "Fresh" or "Local"?

Pics
When one is used to not a lot of flavor from eggs then nutritional profile can be a bigger factor. I want the fat and cholesterol but some people have more faith in governmental recommendations than I do.

Edit to add: or don't watch the (VERY many) flip flops in what the recommendations are very closely.. I hadn't realized the stand on egg yolks had changed. [nobly restraining from giving my favorite examples].

Last edited:
Yes, looks like the "egg whites are healthier" fad has been debunked long ago. In addition to a treasure trove of nutrients, the yolk contains lecithin, which counterbalances the cholesterol. It's a perfect food....

"Egg Whites Are a Scam—Just Eat the Whole Egg If You Want To. ... earlier this year, a study published in The American Journal of Clinical Nutrition found those who ate seven or more eggs per week actually had better cardiovascular health than the participants who only ate one or less egg per week. Is an egg white omelette one of the biggest healthy-eating myths out there? Kinda seems like it." https://www.wellandgood.com/egg-whites/

"Egg yolks contain vitamins A, D, E and K along with omega-3 fats. Compared to the whites, egg yolks are also rich in folate and vitamin B12.
According to the book 'Healing Foods' by DK publishing "egg yolks contain the antioxidants lutein and zeaxanthine, which help protect eyes from age-related macular degeneration(loss of vison). The yolks are also packed with tryptophan and tyrosine, and amino acids that help prevent heart diseases." https://www.ndtv.com/food/dont-toss...-5-benefits-of-egg-yolk-you-must-know-1823708

Anecdotal: My father ate two fried eggs every day of his adult life and was constantly told by doctors that his stats were those of a man half his age. He could outrun 20-year-olds in his 50's and daily jogged 12 miles until 70 when he got drop foot and had to quit running. But for years he had been victim to the self-perpetuating habit of taking antacids, which eventually killed him at 90. His last breakfast was eggs.

Last edited:
Just to clarity, I eat the yolks! I was merely stating why some people ask for more albumin, especially if their doctor told them the old news years ago.
Maybe you could print up some info on the newest research, and if your customer is the type who follows doctor's orders closely, they can share it with their doctor. During the "egg-yolks-are-bad" years, my dad's doctor told him to cut way back and only eat the whites. Fortunately, he ignored this advice and kept eating two fried eggs every morning for 90 years!

p.s. For me personally as a Bible-believing person, I research the flip-flopping "science" of which foods are healthy or not, but I also consider whether they are portrayed as good in the Bible. Jesus used an egg in a parable as being a good thing for a father to give to his child! (I can't imagine the child carefully discarding the yolk!!)😋

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom