illinois towns that allow backyard chickens

No, I'm actually in Melrose Park, but I pay my water to Northlake and I'm in the Proviso district. But I am gonna go for it. =)

Does anybody know if it's allowed in Monee, IL? We're in Will county just south of the border of Cook. I tried calling the town to find out but couldn't get a hold of anybody (will be trying back) and I can't find anything online about it.

TIA for your help!

Does anybody know if it's allowed in Monee, IL? We're in Will county just south of the border of Cook. I tried calling the town to find out but couldn't get a hold of anybody (will be trying back) and I can't find anything online about it.

TIA for your help!

This seems to be the common response, no response. I attempted to contact the village we're about to move away from. I made multiple attempts and never received a call back from them. If I did live spitting distance from the police station I might have just gotten the birds anyway. lol

good luck! try the feed store in summit argo illinois!! they always have chicks and help alot!! keep ur chicks in the backyard far from roaming eyes and fence everything!! enjoy your new role as a chicken farmer! keep in touch

I live smack dab in the middle of Perry Illinois, a town with a population of about 450, so you've probably never heard of it. But, I have nearly 40 chickens, (we own half a "city block"). The neighbors are the last people to complain about the chickens, even the roosters. They actually love them. People even stop by to watch them. I also know that its "required" to own chickens in Detrot illinois, haha in otherwords almost everyone has them.

Anyone? PLEASE help!
We're looking at a house in Wauconda tomorrow and I'd really like to know, before we sign any documents or contracts, what the chicken situation is.

Congratulations! You get to "hit the ground running" in your new community, working as part of an about-to-be-formed core group of BYC supporters, focused on changing the ordinance to allow Backyard Chickens on residential lots in Wauconda IL.

Are you any good at "schmoozing"?

Congratulations! You get to "hit the ground running" in your new community, working as part of an about-to-be-formed core group of BYC supporters, focused on changing the ordinance to allow Backyard Chickens on residential lots in Wauconda IL.

Are you any good at "schmoozing"?

I'm a total schmoozer! lol

One of my first steps after moving is to find community involvement opportunities and make an immediate good first impression. Now I just have to find the time to look for those opportunities.

After reading another thread about less than cooperative ordinances towards gardening and chicken keeping I had the idea to look up the number of households in my town (Wauconda) that are on public assistance. I haven't found that information yet but did find that city-data.com does say that about 10% of households in my town live below the poverty line. I'm assuming the majority of those folks are on public assistance. Then I thought I'd better look at the county statistics. I found that about 10% of CHILDREN in my county are living in poverty. The average household size in my county is 2.88, roughly 3 people. Let's assume those children aren't living alone, this means the parents and siblings of these children are also living in poverty. I'm thinking I may have an argument stating that we could save a lot of money in our county if we allowed these families to have the means to be self sufficienct.
This led to a question, what is it that so many non-profit groups and ministries are always teaching to those folks they travel abroad to help? They're so often talking about teaching them to farm and be self sufficient. So, then I wondered how many National tax funded dollars goes to these efforts while we're needing the same in our own country, towns, cities.

Back
Top Bottom