illinois towns that allow backyard chickens

If any of you are close by to Mundelein, IL please join us on our July 25th meeting.
We have a sticker of support you can wear when you show up :)
https://www.facebook.com/events/449938595030530/

You can learn alot by attending local BYC appeals to trustees/planning commissions!
Same info can be used to appeal to your local townships.

I'll do my best to attend, my hubby leaves for a business trip on the 25th and 7pm is a little late for my little ones to head out. If I find a sitter, I'm there!
Otherwise, I already emailed in support of your efforts.
Thanks and GOOD LUCK!

Thanks for the support!

UPDATE: since my last post was made, the trustees have proposed the seperation of the BYC ordinances from the other sustainable measures to be discussed on 7/25. Therefore, depending on what the trustees decide on 7/23, any of what is posted below may not be discussed at all on the 7/25 planning commission meeting.​

If you were planning to come to the 7/25 meeting in support of any of these measures, please sit tight... and join as a yes on the fb invite so you get the notices of dates. further notice will be given as it is known.​

I think for now your email in is juuuuust fine.
:Hugs: :) Thanks!

Last edited:
Does anyone know how long the ordinances regarding chickens in Decatur have been in effect? IE, have chickens always been permitted, or is it like Urbana where there was a previous ordinance prohibiting the keeping of chickens in town that was struck or amended to allow it?

Thanks for the support!

UPDATE: since my last post was made, the trustees have proposed the seperation of the BYC ordinances from the other sustainable measures to be discussed on 7/25. Therefore, depending on what the trustees decide on 7/23, any of what is posted below may not be discussed at all on the 7/25 planning commission meeting.​

If you were planning to come to the 7/25 meeting in support of any of these measures, please sit tight... and join as a yes on the fb invite so you get the notices of dates. further notice will be given as it is known.​

I think for now your email in is juuuuust fine.
:Hugs: :) Thanks!

I don't have a facebook account so I cannot sign up for updates.
Any chance you'll also be updating here?

Thanks!

Cate

According to the article in the paper this morning, the town of Loda is amending their ordinance to allow chickens (up to 12 hens and 12 pullets (? that's what the paper said, but it doesn't actually list the actually wording of the proposed changes) and no roosters). The vote this week to amend the ordinance was unanimous, but the board won't actually vote on the proposed amendment until August. I'm sure it helped that one of the board members has chickens in town already due to some confusion over the current ordinance.

The article also lists Thawville, Onarga, and Roberts (as well as Urbana) as local towns that currently allow chickens.

I'm working on a FB page for my town.
Any suggestions for good pics of the most friendly looking chickens known to man?

Thanks!

Cute chicken pictures can be googled :)
What's your Facebook page? What area will you make a page for?

Yes I will keep you updated here about Mundelein. I an in need of people to step up to the mic to talk about backyard chickens at the village board meeting. we will try having a few members at least 3 or 4 speak of the backyard chickens before the village board meeting begins. I will let you know the results of monday july 23rd and I encourage anyone who will soon approach their town to come and watch ...learn from how we are approaching our village. :)

Back
Top Bottom