Illinois traders!!!!

i am posting because i would like to be notified in this thread if anything is available in our area- i am west central illinois near the quad cities - glad this thread is here!

I wrote this up in a different thread but am placing it again here to see if anyone can help us out. I am in tears trying to find my favorite, beautiful chicken a loving new home. I'd really hate for him to end up on a dinner plate. The price is free if you're willing to give our boy good home.
Sweet pet rooster needs loving home. Our favorite chicken (hatched July 24, 2013 as part of a science project) turned out to be a cockerel. He is extremely tame, trained & well loved. Sadly, roosters are illegal in our town, so we will need to find him a new home. If you have room in your coop for a wonderful Easter-egger, please respond.
More details:
Brown Easter-Egger
Full size breed (not bantam)
Has been used for classroom education & other children's events
No aggression toward people or dogs
Amazing temperament - Great Pet - Likes to cuddle - Comes when called

Has only lived with his hatch-mates. We kept him in hopes he'd be a pullet. He's never been exposed to other chickens or farms.
I can not ship, but we're willing to drop off or meet locally.
He is truly the ultimate chicken, & there will be many tears letting him go.

I had a friend call looking for a Muscovy drake. If you are in Northern Illinois, and have one, please PM me your location and what you want for it. Thanks!

I had a friend call looking for a Muscovy drake. If you are in Northern Illinois, and have one, please PM me your location and what you want for it. Thanks!

I have a friend who has some..... let me see if she has any to rehome....She usually does.
big_smile.png

Here is three of the ones she has.
Only $5 a piece for males.
All males under a year old

These birds are located south west of Bloomington.

Last edited:
Same 3 males on the left...but some pics of some females she also has. ( btw - the males are not related to the females....
wink.png
)

Last edited:
I'm very happy to see this thread! I see chickens everywhere, I know someone must have what I want.

For this spring (or even now) I am looking for some chicks. I'd probably be interested in anything, but I would particularly love the following:
Barred Rocks
Black Copper Marans
Silver or Blue Laced Red Wyandottes
Buff Orpingtons
Welsummers

PLEASE let me know if you'll have any of these! Or anything else interesting :)))

I'm located in Will County.

Back
Top Bottom