Illinois traders!!!!

I am
I thought I was trading you some wyandottes so I got you covered..want a bantam barred cochin roo i have 3 and only one hen so i have to spares....i have an extra partridge also but waiting until they start laying before i would part with one... In my luck i would trade or sell one then my other would get eaten

I am so glad you reminded me I need to get with you in the next couple of weeks to get them we are so sad about our chickens we lost. Our little partridge hen is so cute I want a mate for her in the worst way. Do you want to loan me your cockeral to go with her for fair? We were talking about eggs in the spring right? I just bought a whole flock of marans so I will be weeding through them going to have to build more pens as there is a pair of birchen marans I want to separate out also have a couple white marans I hatched hoping for a hen and a cockeral when will you be going to peru again?

In search of OEGB still, could trade a couple laying hens for some. Maybe my barred cochin roo! I'd love to start raising them soon! Let me know if you have any. Springfield iL

I've had incredible fertility with my Muscovy. Started with six in March, let's just say they did a good job hatching I have maybe 60 now. They are located in Poplar Grove,IL 61065.

I have about 30 that hatched around August 28th, all the way up to the oldest seven that have their adult feathers. Love my ducks but it never occurred to me that a duck would sit on 15 eggs and hatch 14!

I have mostly black with white (I think maybe some chocolate in the drake's background because most of the young ones look a bit brown).
I also have some stunning blue males and females. I have a couple of white with black on their heads. Most of the ducklings will have white heads when they are adults.

They are all by a black pied drake, and out of either black pied hens, or one of my two blue hens.

I feed nutrena all flock to the adults, the youngsters get chick starter (un-medicated). They also get oats and some fermented scratch grains. They free range around the farm during the day and are in at night.

They kept with chickens and turkeys and get along well with both.

I also have four that I hand raised after a nesting accident (my fault). They are fully feathered, one black and one black and white drake, and two black and white females. I could only sell them to pet homes, even though only one of the drakes still likes to be held.

I'd like $10 each, or maybe some discount for multiple ducks or ducklings.

This is the drake and one of the blue ducks.

This is a blue drake with two black and white hens in the background.

This is one of the hens that I could only sell as a pet.

This blue and white duck hatched blue and white, black and white, and white ducklings.

Last edited:
Just an fyi for anyone in the Will/Grundy area:

I normally drive all the way to Ottawa for feed at the Farm and Fleet, but it's quite a trip so lately I've been settling for not exactly the feeds (and prices) that I want at Big R in Morris. However, I visited Brother's Country Supply right next door to Big R in Morris and was pleasantly surprised to find every feed I wanted at prices cheaper than anywhere else! Big R specifically doesn't carry NatureWise pellets, and the employees got very defensive when I simply asked if it was something they would consider carrying.

Long story short, I highly recommend Brother's Country Supply!

I know it's still a bit early but I got an incubator for Christmas...

I'm looking for someone to swap eggs with me. I've got a mixed flock that can stay mixed or I can put specific chickens together for you if you want something in particular ;P
I've got:
  • Easter Eggers (ear tufts & rump- no beards),
  • white leghorns
  • leghorn x production red,
  • blue red laced wyandotte hens (need a rooster!),
  • a gold red laced wyandotte hen (need a rooster!)
  • black australorps - not sexed yet
  • wellsummers- not sexed yet
  • rhode island red hens
  • red star & black star sexlinks
  • a large black rooster (australorp or black giant)
  • a partridge rock looking rooster
  • two supposidly "buff orphington roosters" that I think are something else.

I'l looking for:
  • blue red laced wyandottes
  • gold red laced wyandottes
  • silver laced wyandottes
  • lavendar orphingtons
  • columbian wyandottes
  • cochins, polish or other "top hat" breeds
  • silkies - buff or blues
  • buff brahmas
  • narragansett, lavendar or cholcolate turkeys
  • Peafowl (blue?)

I'm cool with a barnyard mix of eggs from any of the breeds listed above too. Just excited to get my incubator going ;)

I have a par of buff Wyandottes. I want to trade or sell. Only a year old and not related par. Not laying at this moment but should start up when it gets warmer. located in Rockford IL. pm for pics

Looking for Cornish x eggs or chicks if anyone knows a more local reliable place to buy. I want only about a dozen to start and ordering can be difficult for smaller amounts...

Looking for some turkey poults. Anyone have Royal Palm or bourbon red? Hatched would be great, but would also take a stab at hatching eggs. 8 is magic number for me. I'm in the Will County (South Chi suburbs) area, willing to travel a bit. I hope to hear from one of you!

Back
Top Bottom