Illinois traders!!!!

Anyone interested in FREE Marraduna Basque cockerels? Aka Euskal Oiloa. They are SUPER friendly. If you are looking for a friendly rooster, these are the guys for you. Should be beautiful adults- lemon or buff and blue or slate barred. Also have a white mille-fleur patterned guy. They are really beautiful and want attention. Not usual chicken behavior, but typical of the breed, I've read. I live in the Peoria area. PM if you are interested.

Last edited:
Anyone interested in free EE chicks? We hatched them at the high school in Peoria Heights. I sold some, but there are 7 still looking for homes. I would rather they be free to my fellow chicken people than anyone on CL! They are almost a week old and all (of course) cute as a button. PM if you are interested.

ETA: these chicks found a home!!!
1f60a.png

Last edited:
Free to good home- we had a single Easter Egger chick hatch today. I had a couple eggs under a broody hen, but I decided to put 9 new chicks under her a week ago and took her two eggs. Those eggs went in the incubator and only one hatched this afternoon. I am looking for a home with a broody hen to take this chick or someone with other new chicks. I do not want him/her to be alone. He/she looks like it will be blue wheaten like my rooster. Egg hatched from was blue, so chick carries the blue egg gene. PM if interested.

Speaking of 4H, is anyone in Northern IL (Chicagoland area) looking for a Bielefelder trio &/or some English Orpingtons (Lav & Blk/Lav split)? They are 6.5 weeks (April 12th hatch). The person buying the Bieles never showed up, & we want our garage back. DD's project went well, so its now time to sell the chicks.

She also has young chicks available (still in brooder & straight run)
Most are Easter Eggers or Orpington mixes, a couple purebred Orpingtons,
All are healthy, calm, & well loved.
hatched May 1
4 chicks
hatched May 7
4 chicks
hatched May 12
3 chicks

PM me if you have interest in any of the chicks.

Hey, girl from the northwest suburbs here, looking to buy some quail hens, I have two five week old roos and wanted to even out the flock
270c.png

Does anyone have some fertile chicken eggs for sale or know of a local source? DD's got another broody hen volunteer for her 4H project. The goal is to hatch with broody vs incubator at the same time with the same egg source. We're in the western suburbs of Chicago but willing to drive up to 90 min. Please pm me with breeds & prices.

Hello! I was wondering if anyone in/around Rockford that would happen to have fertilized eggs or day old coturnix chicks? I have been very interested in wanting to raise these little fellas.

Need 3 roosters gone ASAP, they are around 6 months now. Silkie Cochin cross. Mom was a black Silkie and dad was a black Cochin. They are really nice and fluffy. They've got a great color around their neck that's almost gold. I also have 4 of the same in chicks. About 1 month old no clue which are hens or roosters. All for free. Located outside of Springfield IL

Back
Top Bottom