Illinois...

When I first read this in my email, I was fully expecting to see a dyed red Teddy......:gig
How did the business owners take to a "chicken apple "?
Well, almost all the school-aged kids knew us by name (no surprise there). For them it was perfectly normal to see a chicken downtown. Many of the adults came running up to see the chicken and asked if it was real. The serama was held the whole time, so I'm glad we didn't bring an Orpington!
IMG_0399.JPG

Teddy had his nails done a few days ago. (a purple pedicure) DD had a late night (long football game) and much hmwk to do, so she stayed home today. Not sure if Teddy or Xansie will go Trick or Treating on Halloween. DD & her friends are working on a VSCO Girl theme this year, so it will be interesting to see what they come up with.

Some pictures of my dweet pair trying to get some cuddles with mom this weekend.
View attachment 1940219 View attachment 1940220 View attachment 1940221
@Faraday40
Look what i got yesterday for the garage!
View attachment 1940222
In pretty good condition, roof will need to be replaced, but i got it chesp and scrubbed it up and it already looks better.
The coop looks like a perfect little winter coop for your bitty hens. Will Jasper be joining them? (Or will he be in the house as your personal alarm clock? LOL) I'm sure he'll miss his Spitz mistresses, but the outdoor temps of Chicago winters are too cold for him.

Unfortunately Teddy is not accepting of other roosters. (DD found it funny when Teddy would attack himself in the mirror and I believe this taught him to be aggressive toward other roosters.) Teddy's son is actually more handsome (and just as people friendly) but Teddy won't accept him. The handsome son must go. I have a couple extra female seramas that need to go too. This is the hard time of year when down-sizing decisions must be made.

More cuteness overload. Watching tv with the kids.
20191021_164032.jpg
20191021_164026.jpg

@Faraday40
Yes Jasper will have to come inside. He did ok last week when it went to 32, but he looked a little cold to me. He's already tried to court Phoenix a little, but she really wasn't interested. My dad caught Jake on Phoe though. Said she was squished flat on the ground when he got off! Poor Phoe!

@BReeder!
Any baby yet??
I haven't seen you here for a few days, so I've been wondering........
Not yet... DW went to the doctor yesterday. Not much changed from last week. We have another appointment next week just before the due date (10/30). If she makes it that long, we will be discussing possibly inducing labor.
Frankly, I am shocked DD isn't here already since DS was 12 days early.

As a side note, I decorated for Halloween knowing we are likely not going to be home. If we are at the hospital, I might not even get to put a bowl of candy on the porch. Is that mean? All the kids will likely be ringing my doorbell, waiting for somebody to give them candy.

I might not even get to put a bowl of candy on the porch. Is that mean?
Bad IDEA,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, DD did that one year,,,,(tending to small infant child inside home) When she checked short time later,,,,, it was all gone.. ONE trick-or treater GOT it ALL
gardening for.PNG

Back
Top Bottom