Illinois...

Molpet

Crossing the Road
Premium member
Sep 7, 2015
New Lenox township. Illinois USA
My Coop
My Coop
I've checked bolingbrook and Ottawa F&F several times. No luck. Do you use spray or paste? They do have spray on in the horse equipment but doesn't say safe for chickens.
I have both. Neither will say safe on chickens... hasn't been 'tested' on them
Some people don't like to use it.
Don't get it in their eyes. It burns. I had a scalped chick and it stings...so he threw his head into the daubber and it ran in his eye. I don't think he ever could see right out of that eye.

Faraday40

Free Ranging
6 Years
Aug 1, 2013
Illinois
I use the spray. Yes, I believe it is with the horse medicine, but so is the vetricyn. I haven't had any issues using it with chickens.

I just checked and it does say for dogs and horses. However, many chicken folks here use it on their chickens with great results and I have as well.
Mine is a little spray can too.

(Can't read much on the can 'cause it's covered in blue. LOL)

Jan 6, 2020
Chicago suburbs
Yet another question for fellow chickeners....
I get little black speck in my eggs. They look like little black flakes. Definitely coming from inside my eggs and I believe it's just from my black australorp. I cant find any good info on egg impurities. I have a strong stomach but I remove these eggs.
Thanks
20200217_133554.jpg
20200217_133546.jpg

Molpet

Crossing the Road
Premium member
Sep 7, 2015
New Lenox township. Illinois USA
My Coop
My Coop
Yet another question for fellow chickeners....
I get little black speck in my eggs. They look like little black flakes. Definitely coming from inside my eggs and I believe it's just from my black australorp. I cant find any good info on egg impurities. I have a strong stomach but I remove these eggs.
Thanks
View attachment 2029023View attachment 2029025
I get those, small meat spots, part of the reproductive tract. Not a danger, except to your psychic :lau

Jan 6, 2020
Chicago suburbs
I get those, small meat spots, part of the reproductive tract. Not a danger, except to your psychic :lau
I'm not saying they aren't meat spots, they just aren't what I've seen as meat spots. They are all black, hard, crunchy, and crystaly.
I may have to continue this conversation later considering I had eggs for breakfast and grossed out describing it. Maybe dried hardened blood that I just chewed up?

Latest posts

Top Bottom