Illinois...

I actually caught her in the act. I've learned when a hen really likes a rooster she'll peck at his neck feathers. And if he likes her he'll let her. He likes the red heads. For a split second RIR nibbles his neck feathers.
View attachment 2028131
Well now you know HOW those feathers came out. Just have to figure out how to stop it.

I've seen my hens eat crumbs off the rooster's face. When he had a small frostbite scab on his comb tip, he let the hens peck at it.
:confused:

I've checked bolingbrook and Ottawa F&F several times. No luck. Do you use spray or paste? They do have spray on in the horse equipment but doesn't say safe for chickens.
I have both. Neither will say safe on chickens... hasn't been 'tested' on them
Some people don't like to use it.
Don't get it in their eyes. It burns. I had a scalped chick and it stings...so he threw his head into the daubber and it ran in his eye. I don't think he ever could see right out of that eye.

I use the spray. Yes, I believe it is with the horse medicine, but so is the vetricyn. I haven't had any issues using it with chickens.

I just checked and it does say for dogs and horses. However, many chicken folks here use it on their chickens with great results and I have as well.
Mine is a little spray can too.

(Can't read much on the can 'cause it's covered in blue. LOL)

Yet another question for fellow chickeners....
I get little black speck in my eggs. They look like little black flakes. Definitely coming from inside my eggs and I believe it's just from my black australorp. I cant find any good info on egg impurities. I have a strong stomach but I remove these eggs.
Thanks
20200217_133554.jpg
20200217_133546.jpg

Yet another question for fellow chickeners....
I get little black speck in my eggs. They look like little black flakes. Definitely coming from inside my eggs and I believe it's just from my black australorp. I cant find any good info on egg impurities. I have a strong stomach but I remove these eggs.
Thanks
View attachment 2029023View attachment 2029025
I get those, small meat spots, part of the reproductive tract. Not a danger, except to your psychic :lau
https://www.theprairiehomestead.com/2013/02/what-are-those-spots-in-my-farm-fresh-eggs.html

I get those, small meat spots, part of the reproductive tract. Not a danger, except to your psychic :lau
https://www.theprairiehomestead.com/2013/02/what-are-those-spots-in-my-farm-fresh-eggs.html
I'm not saying they aren't meat spots, they just aren't what I've seen as meat spots. They are all black, hard, crunchy, and crystaly.
I may have to continue this conversation later considering I had eggs for breakfast and grossed out describing it. Maybe dried hardened blood that I just chewed up?

Back
Top Bottom