Illinois...

I'm expanding my coop (chicken math!) and decided to move the laybox from outside access to inside bc now my coop will be a walk in. I was literally on my way to Walmart to buy a tote to convert into a nestbox and drove by someone throwing out their old kitchen cabinets. So I took an upper and will make it into 4 nestboxes for free! But I did still go to Walmart and found clearance chicken fabric for curtains! More stuff for free! (We had no idea building for chickens would be so expensive. I'm sure being in town, with permits, etc didn't help at all-they had some ridiculous requirements.

Both cool and scary to have a vulture in your yard. Are they common here. (Saw some a few times on vacation. Never in Illinois.)
I have some by me since 2004...my mom moved back from TX and as soon as we got home from the airport I looked out and they were in the backyard. I told her they followed from Texas because I had never seen them here before. :gig

Both cool and scary to have a vulture in your yard. Are they common here. (Saw some a few times on vacation. Never in Illinois.)
I have seen them here but not commonly. Certainly not in my yard lol. They are abundant in Wilmington and Ottawa so they aren't far. Interesting to see the population of hawks and turkey vultures strengthening, 20 years ago I don't ever remember seeing either

I'm expanding my coop (chicken math!) and decided to move the laybox from outside access to inside bc now my coop will be a walk in. I was literally on my way to Walmart to buy a tote to convert into a nestbox and drove by someone throwing out their old kitchen cabinets. So I took an upper and will make it into 4 nestboxes for free! But I did still go to Walmart and found clearance chicken fabric for curtains! More stuff for free! (We had no idea building for chickens would be so expensive. I'm sure being in town, with permits, etc didn't help at all-they had some ridiculous requirements.
I'm going to make another chicken tractor. I recently replaced trailer doors for a customer. I'm going to use them for the base. Hoping to find cattle panels for walls
I doubt they will be pretty but as you just mentioned there is lots of expenses.
You also kept junk out of the landfill and avoided buying plastic shipped from china. Win win!

Back
Top Bottom