Illinois...

We got a tiny blanket of snow. The giant flakes were so pretty and it was just enough to cover the ground and then melt within a day. Can't really complain about that!

I brood inside because I don't have electricity in the coop for a heat source. I did let a broody raise 3 in the coop but it didn't go well. My coop just isn't set up to segregate them the way they needed to be successful. But in my next home, I want a barn style coop with electricity, water and stalls. And maybe goats. And a cow. And.....

We got a tiny blanket of snow. The giant flakes were so pretty and it was just enough to cover the ground and then melt within a day. Can't really complain about that!

I brood inside because I don't have electricity in the coop for a heat source. I did let a broody raise 3 in the coop but it didn't go well. My coop just isn't set up to segregate them the way they needed to be successful. But in my next home, I want a barn style coop with electricity, water and stalls. And maybe goats. And a cow. And.....
You sound like me...

And ...and...and...and...

🤣🤣🤣

I did make up for the 4-h event. Made a batch of donuts (2 doz) with 1st family & Two more batches with 2 families tomorrow.

They were happy to buy the dough, learn how to roll, cook, and glaze them then take them all home. (Of course they also had to try them fresh and warm )

View attachment 3422011

I also tried making a few lemon filled. Not as pretty but my favorite.
View attachment 3422009

Now I can remake all the dough for the rescheduled event on April 15th. Anyone local is welcome to attend. DuPage County Fairgrounds expo building #1. It’s the annual 4H International Night from 6-9pm. Family friendly.
Did you make your own dough or purchased dough??? If you made it,... could you forward the recipe?? :frow
I do some baking, and have recipes that can be Baked in deep fry oil, or oven. I prefer to bake in oven since my quantities are not large, and getting a large quantity of oil is a headache.

That's so crazy 35 chicks!!!! I don't know how she does it...
I've had 33 total and have lost 6!!!!!
I don't even know what I am doing wrong 🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️
IMG_2862 (2).JPG

Back
Top Bottom