Illinois...

2 views of a weird egg.
KIMG0607.JPG
KIMG0606_02.JPG

I need to re-think what I plant this year. Every year I tell myself to plant fewer zucchini and every year I still plant too many. I am thinking I may plant 1 this year. I give most of it away because I don't eat very much of it and my hands break out from it. Maybe none? I think I'll plant more cucumbers because I never have enough of those and they seem to go yellow mid-summer and dry up. I always have plentiful tomatoes and peppers. I never have enough strawberries. And my broccoli is more or less for the chickens because I never seem to want it when it's ready to harvest and when I do want some, it's too late or too early. But the ladies like walking among it and nibbling. I cut way back on my herbs last year because I always have too much. I really do enjoy gardening but it's getting to where I give so much away that I start to wonder who I'm doing this for anymore.

I really do enjoy gardening but it's getting to where I give so much away that I start to wonder who I'm doing this for anymore.
Do you can? We can pickles, tomato sauce, and salsa for the most part. If you do grow zucchini, I made zucchini pickles and relish before that were quite tasty. Chickens love our zucchini too - they get all the overgrown ones that get hard.

Do you can? We can pickles, tomato sauce, and salsa for the most part. If you do grow zucchini, I made zucchini pickles and relish before that were quite tasty. Chickens love our zucchini too - they get all the overgrown ones that get hard.

I don't but I may start. Especially tomatoes because I would definitely use those all winter for pasta sauce or chili for sure. I think with the zucchini I just don't get enough out of it to justify the rash. Plus those suckers just take over and kill my other plants if I don't keep them quarantined well enough.

Its same with hand sanitizer. You are not supposed to make your own,,, just purchase, and PAY THE TAX.
View attachment 3438536

I recently found out that Northlake Ill. will be getting a dispensary soon. One of Pritzkers favorites must be getting the license. :old :gig
I know New Lenox originally voted no dispensary. Then there's been no trouble in Joliet with there's so now new Lenox is going to allow. They're growing like Weeds 😂

I know New Lenox originally voted no dispensary. Then there's been no trouble in Joliet with there's so now new Lenox is going to allow. They're growing like Weeds 😂
Westmont was one of the 1st towns in this area to get a dispensary. Of course looking back at town history, Westmont was known as the place for speakeasy’s and brothels. There are several wealthy communities nearby that can support a dispensary. Can’t say I know what it looks like inside but the parking lot is always full - of Teslas, Lexus, Mercedes, Bentleys etc.

I cannot tell you how many times I have had to talk myself out of chicks and other animals in the last couple of weeks. Spring is hard!!!!!

Deliberately waited until Ludwigs was out of chicks to go get feed last weekend. Needed some other stuff so I went to TSC because I am MUCH less likely to get chicks there. Saw chicks. All of Facebook is full of chicks. And that's not even touching on the rescue dogs flooding my feed and tugging on my heart strings. At least when May gets here I can focus on planting and maybe spend less time thinking "you know what I need? More mouths to feed!" LOL!!!!

Back
Top Bottom