Illinois...

Just really high wind here last night. But the afternoon rain was pretty dramatic. Lots of standing water. You know it's bad when I bring in the flag and cushions. LOL!! Of course, everything survived last night just fine and then this morning, the plastic sheeting over my run ripped. I went out in my PJs with some Flex tape and it wouldn't hold. 😲🧐 I thought Flex tape held EVERYTHING but apparently not. So I cut the flappy part and binder-clipped it to the run to hold it for another week or so before it all comes down.

I can't believe I am only JUST not thinking of this and am pretty upset with myself for struggling the last few winters with this dumb plastic sheeting. I bought a tarp and caribeener clips for the top since it still has a leak once the plastic comes off. And then I was like....wait....why have I not just bought a clear tarp to clip to the run sides every winter!??!?! Why have I messed with plastic sheeting and flex tape and bricks to hold the bottom!?! Every winter!?!? What is wrong with me?? LOL!!! I guess for next winter, I will be ready.

The tarps do better with bungee, I like the tarp ball bungee.
I use them on my hoop coops

The tarps do better with bungee, I like the tarp ball bungee.
I use them on my hoop coops

I was originally thinking zip ties because I have about a metric 🤬 ton of them but bought a mess of the clips to see if they hold. I saw those ball bungees though. They look cool, I just wondered if it's more give than I want with as windy as it gets. May end up back buying those instead. LOL!

And then I was like....wait....why have I not just bought a clear tarp to clip to the run sides every winter!??!?!
Have not ran across CLEAR tarps yet :idunno
Those Biner Clips are good on one end. The opposite end is good to be held in place with expandable securement. This way when winds blow hard,, the tarp gives instead of rips. I have tarps covering my run area. 3 separate tarps since area is about 70 feet long. One end is firmly attached to building. Other end is attached to a stretched steel cable with rubber bungies. My rubber bungies are the real ones used to hold down trucking tarps. 21 inches long.
Are you going to freeze some for winter?
No I wont freeze any eggs. I give away extras to family. I have been doing some serious baking lately. Cakes use up eggs efficiently. When the heat of summer kicks in,,,,, my baking is put on hold.
Here are some recent creations. Of course that is more than what DW and I can consume,,,,,,,, so I bake when family will be over for visit. I send much of the goods home with them.:hugs
IMG_20220709_121235150.jpg
IMG_20220709_121255138.jpg
IMG_20220709_121314999.jpg
IMG_20230115_194942766.jpg
IMG_20230127_192905310.jpg
IMG_20230128_232339622.jpg

Those Biner Clips are good on one end. The opposite end is good to be held in place with expandable securement. This way when winds blow hard,, the tarp gives instead of rips. I have tarps covering my run area. 3 separate tarps since area is about 70 feet long. One end is firmly attached to building. Other end is attached to a stretched steel cable with rubber bungies. My rubber bungies are the real ones used to hold down trucking tarps. 21 inches long.

No I wont freeze any eggs. I give away extras to family. I have been doing some serious baking lately. Cakes use up eggs efficiently. When the heat of summer kicks in,,,,, my baking is put on hold.
Here are some recent creations. Of course that is more than what DW and I can consume,,,,,,,, so I bake when family will be over for visit. I send much of the goods home with them.:hugs
View attachment 3452402View attachment 3452403View attachment 3452404View attachment 3452405View attachment 3452407View attachment 3452408
Looks yummy

They do make a clear tarp, but it's too expensive for me https://www.tarpsnow.com/20-mil-clear-view-vinyl-pvc-tarp.html

I use a sorta clear.
https://www.tarpsnow.com/super-heavy-duty-poly-tarps-clear.html

They send a $5 off 50 every so often

I could do a bunch each of Patterson and Red Wing. I'm tempted to get the Walla Walla but 1 month storage is nothing! I bet they would freeze well... if you have any interest in splitting a bunch of those I would be in.

Anyway, count me in for sure on the Patterson and Red Wing, 1 bunch each. Tell me what I owe when you're ready to place the order and how you want to be paid - cash, Zelle, Venmo, CashApp... I pretty much have all the options. I'll PM you my cell so you can text me in case I miss you here.
when they come in around April 10th
2.5 x $5.55 = 13.88

View attachment 3452402View attachment 3452403View attachment 3452404View attachment 3452405View attachment 3452407View attachment 3452408

And NOW I am so hungry!!!!!!!!!! Those look amazing!!!!!!!

I've found a few clear tarps on Amazon but haven't narrowed down the right one yet in terms of size and weatherproofing. Found the perfect size but it's only weatherproof to 14* so that won't do. Found ones that go much colder but the wrong sizes. I guess I have 7 months to find it. The plastic sheeting isn't super expensive but the Flex tap is about $25/roll so just not having to buy that will make whatever the cost is worthwhile.

Back
Top Bottom