Illinois...

Wild Birdman :welcome ChicagoClucker Cute Chicks. We like the the name princess. [COLOR=0000FF]Junibutt-[/COLOR] If you like corn, we have some very fresh sweet corn for you from Chickendreams24 chickendreams24 You're welcome. We had a great mini vacation. The weather did not cooperate on the drive up. Never knew rural roads could be so dark & the T-storms Fri night made visibility almost zero. (5 hr drive ended up taking 8 hrs!) We fell in love with central Wisconsin & got to visit a 5th generation organic dairy farm. (Didn't get to milk a cow, but got to pet some calves.) DH & I (an electrical engineer & a science teacher) enjoyed seeing how the milking equipment, storage, cleaning, etc. is done. The kids enjoyed playing with all the kittens & of course ended up teaching others about the various breeds of chickens we own. We also were not far away from many Amish farms. We looked out my friend's window to see a road with horse & wagon go by. A few min later several bikers drove by. We visited a mini zoo, walked through a fun state park, ate cheese curds, & of course had several hours in the car to enjoy the scenery. It was unexpectedly slow on the return trip. Traffic was crawling from the Dells until well past Madison. I suppose many other families took WI vacations this weekend.
Thank you thank you and thank you so much for passing on the gift. Will have to snag some pics. Canning peaches again today. Had my Grandpa out, he has Alzheimer's. He liked the chickens a lot but wasn't able to stay long before he started sundowning. Glad we're nearly don't with peaches. Hopefully one more day of it tomorrow and we'll be done. So glad! Then we have to do more corn and some more jam. Strawberry and blueberry.

If you like preserving produce, maybe I need you over here to help me with my pickles.

We went away for the weekend & found a few BIG surprises in the garden today.

Unfortunately when zucchini gets this big all I can do is make it into bread or hide it in some soups. I use my kids' wagon to help harvest. It goes out empty & returns 50lbs heavier. (Mostly zucc, cucumbers, tomatoes, & a gallon of green beans.) Looks like all my wonderful neighbors will be getting squash on their doorsteps again. LOL

If you like preserving produce, maybe I need you over here to help me with my pickles. We went away for the weekend & found a few BIG surprises in the garden today. Unfortunately when zucchini gets this big all I can do is make it into bread or hide it in some soups. I use my kids' wagon to help harvest. It goes out empty & returns 50lbs heavier. (Mostly zucc, cucumbers, tomatoes, & a gallon of green beans.) Looks like all my wonderful neighbors will be getting squash on their doorsteps again. LOL
I haven't learned to make pickles yet but I'd love to. Spent tonight prepping and freezing sweet corn and making strawberry and blueberry jam. Tomorrow we finish the peaches. Sadly our zucchini green beans and, well, basically everything fizzled this year except our tomatoes(that have yet to produce any ripe fruit) and our green peppers are trying to fight their way back.

Newbie from Chicago (Northside). I volunteer at a roof top garden, and we have a chicken coop with two chickens. I'm new to chicken care. I have a couple of Amazon parrots at home. Have helped a family of geese survive and relocate this past spring
Welcome I am from the south side of Chicago

If you like preserving produce, maybe I need you over here to help me with my pickles.

We went away for the weekend & found a few BIG surprises in the garden today.

Unfortunately when zucchini gets this big all I can do is make it into bread or hide it in some soups. I use my kids' wagon to help harvest. It goes out empty & returns 50lbs heavier. (Mostly zucc, cucumbers, tomatoes, & a gallon of green beans.) Looks like all my wonderful neighbors will be getting squash on their doorsteps again. LOL
my birds love sliced zucchini...but I usually just toss one of those baseball bats into them. The turkeys open it up and then the layers run off the turkeys and eat the center out and the turkeys finish it..

my birds love sliced zucchini...but I usually just toss one of those baseball bats into them. The turkeys open it up and then the layers run off the turkeys and eat the center out and the turkeys finish it..
Mine have been getting those jumbo cucumbers I missed- or the ones the bunnies nuibbled on. My chickens eat them in the same way & only leave the thin skin.

Back
Top Bottom