Illinois...

A weekend of ups & downs. Sold lots of chicks & my fav Spitzhauben Pair. (Yes, my sweet Drumsticks went to live with a very nice couple. We kept one female, but will still need to get the number down by fall.) The sad news is that the chicken number went down by one today. My beloved Bielefelder "Hen Solo" died. The best I can figure is that she got into my garden by jumping the shortest section of fence by the gate. Perhaps she followed my intelligent lightweight athletic hen. Hen Solo probably couldn't find her way out. I do not want chickens in my garden, so I do not have feeders & waterers in there. Bieles don't do well in the heat. Being stuck in direct sunlight on a hot day with no water probably gave her a heart attack. I feel terrible. The fence is suppose to keep the chickens OUT not IN. I found her around 1pm.
:hit

So sorry about your Hen Solo. This mini heat wave has been terrible.

New to geese this year...having some issues, other threads I'm on aren't active enough or responsive... Anyone in here have geese that may be able to help with a few issues?

A weekend of ups & downs. Sold lots of chicks & my fav Spitzhauben Pair. (Yes, my sweet Drumsticks went to live with a very nice couple. We kept one female, but will still need to get the number down by fall.) The sad news is that the chicken number went down by one today. My beloved Bielefelder "Hen Solo" died. The best I can figure is that she got into my garden by jumping the shortest section of fence by the gate. Perhaps she followed my intelligent lightweight athletic hen. Hen Solo probably couldn't find her way out. I do not want chickens in my garden, so I do not have feeders & waterers in there. Bieles don't do well in the heat. Being stuck in direct sunlight on a hot day with no water probably gave her a heart attack. I feel terrible. The fence is suppose to keep the chickens OUT not IN. I found her around 1pm.
:hit

I am so sorry for your loss... it's always the favorites isn't it:hugs

Last edited:
The link I gave has "sticky topics" which means they are there for reference. I thought you might find the answer you were looking for among the information available there.
You could start a new thread in the Geese section located here:
https://www.backyardchickens.com/forums/geese.47/
There is a blue tab that says "Post New Thread", click on it and fill out a title that describes your problem and then fill in the text box with specifics.
Then click on the "Create Thread" at the bottom of the text box.

Back
Top Bottom