Illinois...

Just these. I will get some new ones this week.
20191001_171917.jpg
20191001_171110.jpg

I meet a lot of very nice "chicken people" via my orpingtons. Some are teachers (for the incubation projects), neighbors, past customers, referrals from past customers, BYC friends, and even Craigslist. (Of course I learned long ago never to put out ads for "free roosters" on CL. That leads to all sorts of crazy! Better to set a price and then donate the bird once a decent home is found.) I haven't tried Facebook or eBay local. I also never tried shipping eggs.

It's nice to keep things local, but a few people have driven across a couple state lines to buy orps or swap eggs with me. (That's how I got my 1st Spitzhaubens which eventually is how I met @homeschoolin momma ! LOL) Oh. I think you met a couple of my neighbors while here. One is a teacher from the other side of the tracks and another is a 4H family from our club. They visit often.

Last edited:
Thank you for sharing their pic with me. They're filling out nicely. The laced has beautiful chest feathers! But, she looks a little "grumpy." :lau (All chickens do if you if you catch them at the wrong angle.) Or perhaps she was grumpy because you were too slow bringing out the mealworms. :gig

I have a CCL that often gives me an evil look every time I take her photo. It doesn't help that she's sort of skittish. This is the best pic I have - but she's still giving me the stink eye. What's up with that?!
evil eye.JPG

Thank you for sharing their pic with me. They're filling out nicely. The laced has beautiful chest feathers! But, she looks a little "grumpy." :lau (All chickens do if you if you catch them at the wrong angle.) Or perhaps she was grumpy because you were too slow bringing out the mealworms. :gig

I have a CCL that often gives me an evil look every time I take her photo. It doesn't help that she's sort of skittish. This is the best pic I have - but she's still giving me the stink eye. What's up with that?!
View attachment 1937585
She does have the grumpy look a lot, but she's my friendly one that doesnt mind me holding and cuddling with her. The Lav has a sweet face and wants to be by me but does not want me too touch or hold her. Funny girls they are. I just love them.

Today the local kids go Trick-or-Treating around the downtown's businesses. DS always picks unusual costumes. This year he wanted to be "a tree." So here's his apple tree costume..... and we made our serama an apple. :lau
IMG_0397.JPG

For her efforts, the serama earned some leftover pumpkin seeds from the pumpkin catapult contest.

Back
Top Bottom