Illinois...

I saw this just now on Facebook market and got a kick out of it.
Screenshot_20201023-215232_Facebook.jpg

You need to find young stock. These guys do at least scare off mice...
View attachment 2383356
My cat Jazz used to eat 3 mice/moles a day. She used to leave the same 3 colorful bits of innards perfectly untouched. We had a garage sale and she decided to bring a mouse to the center and tear it apart in front of everyone lol. Either a neighbor, car, hawk, got her or she is seeing another family.

This year I gave up and switched to bait stations. They chewed through two heavy duty plastic bins that had never been touched in the past. It's really worked for the mice! Anyone have a good idea for chipmunks though?
The chipmunks may not be able to get into a bait station. They would eat it if they could each it. Snap traps would get them. I would bait with seeds on a dab of glue. @Faraday40 said she used hot glue to adhere a peice if dog food to a trap. I think it would work to good sunflower seeds or something like that.

That said, I don't target chipmunks here. They never really bothered me and don't pose the same risks of damage and yolks as nice. Chipmunks also don't inhabit my garage/house.

The chipmunks may not be able to get into a bait station. They would eat it if they could each it. Snap traps would get them. I would bait with seeds on a dab of glue. @Faraday40 said she used hot glue to adhere a peice if dog food to a trap. I think it would work to good sunflower seeds or something like that.

That said, I don't target chipmunks here. They never really bothered me and don't pose the same risks of damage and yolks as nice. Chipmunks also don't inhabit my garage/house.
Faraday must have some steady hands.....
Every time I tried to hot glue bait to the trap it snapped my fingers.

I posted this question in the chicks forum but no responses so I thought I'd see what you guys think. Would it be weird to change my brooder bedding to sand and/or PDZ which is what I have in my coop and run? The pine shavings smell so bad when wet and these little hooligans keep dumping their waterer. 🙄 The box is in my house and I know sand in homes is usually a bad call but the shavings get everywhere too so I am going to be vacumming a lot no matter which one I use. I just don't know if it would be bad for any other reason. I'm sure it's not as soft for them to sleep on sand since they aren't roosting yet but sleeping on wet poopy pine shavings is probably not a delight either. What do you guys think?

Back
Top Bottom