Illinois...

I got somewhere around 3" of snow. I don't think the snow is worth the hype. 10 years ago weather stations would barely make mention on this. Today's weather stations have advanced degrees in hyperbole and marketing.
True but they also go by fancy computer models. All the models were saying a ton of snow. One forecaster,late in the day, thought the rain in Tn/ky and a wedge of dry air would drop the totals.
Predicting the future is hard

I got somewhere around 3" of snow. I don't think the snow is worth the hype. 10 years ago weather stations would barely make mention on this. Today's weather stations have advanced degrees in hyperbole and marketing.

Definitely not worth closing schools and freaking out over this. Annoying to shovel but that's about it.

Send me your address,, and I will send you as much of this as you would like:old Birds not included..
Is the black squirrel included? If so, deal!😂

Lol again the headline...... "first major winter storm".
I was thinking the same thing. I got triple the amount like two weeks ago. Still got a really nice pack down outside my by porch from my kids sledding. Was hoping to add to it and make channel for a tobogan style sledding. And make the ramp that my DS and @Faraday40 DS made last week bigger.

Is the black squirrel included? If so, deal!😂

I was thinking the same thing. I got triple the amount like two weeks ago. Still got a really nice pack down outside my by porch from my kids sledding. Was hoping to add to it and make channel for a tobogan style sledding. And make the ramp that my DS and @Faraday40 DS made last week bigger.

You can take my black squirrels. ..... and some of the snow!

DS was probably the only one happy about all the snow. In total we got somewhere between 5-6" . Last night was a decent amount, but we never got the additional 3+ inches predicted.

* Edit to add: Someone is coming on Saturday to fix the snow-blower.
We'll be ready for the next snowstorm - which of course means we won't get any more this year!

Last edited:
So far..... We got 4" last night. Felt every bit as I was digging out a path to the coop this morning. (Also have to sweep off the roof of the run extension in order to open it.) Thankfully all 4 of us worked together to clear the driveway. DH never found anyone to repair our snowblower. :(
There are small engine repairs by me in Plainfield. It's not a terrible drive. One is right on the main road (rte 126) off the highway.

Back
Top Bottom