Illinois...

Hopefully this storm business avoids us all. That 2014 dericho took out my power for 23 hrs which meant no sump pump and my basement flooded something nasty. I don't need to relive that. Plus I don't know that my FlexTape in the coop will hold up under that much rain and my tomatoes are already like 9 feet tall.
I hear you. My gutter guards are clogged and this rain just rules right over the gutters now. I have a roof vent in my sunroom leaking too. I really don't want any more rain.
Not to mention the runs will turn to mud with any good storm.
And don't get me started on the trees hanging over the house. I really need to get them trimmed/removed. High winds make me fear the huge branches will break.
And my tomatoes, corn, sunflowers and Jerusalem artichokes are all very tall (up to 12 feet possibly). I don't need wind or hail out there at all.

I hope everybody pulled through the storm fine. I haven't been outside yet, but I slept right through it. I was exhausted though since the previous night's storm woke me at 4am yesterday morning, so I probably would have slept through anything.

I hope everybody pulled through the storm fine. I haven't been outside yet, but I slept right through it. I was exhausted though since the previous night's storm woke me at 4am yesterday morning, so I probably would have slept through anything.
Yesterday storm gave me much needed rain, about 1 and a quarter. But a limb went down on a e fence. That stuff is forgiving and bounces right back when the limb is removed. It was an inner fence dividing coops.
This morning was just a tenth of an inch.
Both storms woke me up. But I usually get up before 5:30, so not as bad as someone who gets up later

I admit I was alarmed with the possibility of severe hurricane strength winds arriving overnight. Possible tornadoes associated with also. I parked my vehicle away from possible branch falls. (last year I had significant damage to cars from a large broken off tree limb)
Weather reports tend to warn of the worst case scenarios. I'm glad we just got some rain, and there were no thunder storms in my area. I think we were on the very edge of the storms passing.

We had a small tree come down on our front porch and that’s thankfully it. Chicken coop is intact. Phew.

im waiting for the weather to cool off again so I start getting more eggs. It’s been super slow with how warm it is.

Attachments

• F8A9B0F8-33C6-41DB-8E4C-AD3E12AF600F.jpeg
    F8A9B0F8-33C6-41DB-8E4C-AD3E12AF600F.jpeg
    552.3 KB · Views: 2
  • B6D479C5-7BFF-4935-9586-86DC96CBFCD5.jpeg
    B6D479C5-7BFF-4935-9586-86DC96CBFCD5.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 2
Going down to Clinton to buy a chicken plucker... The guy said it is good timing to bring the kids bcuz their goats just gave birth and one more goat ready to birth.... Clearly my wife doesn't understand the fires this could ignite inside me lol or she would find one in a more boring situation.
Do it! Goats!!!

Going down to Clinton to buy a chicken plucker... The guy said it is good timing to bring the kids bcuz their goats just gave birth and one more goat ready to birth.... Clearly my wife doesn't understand the fires this could ignite inside me lol or she would find one in a more boring situation.
Clearly She doesn't know that chickens are a gateway drug. :ya

Hi, I thought I’d try my luck on this thread. I need a place to keep my chicks. I can provide everything: their coop, run, food, etc. I live in Rockford, IL. I prefer a place where it’s close enough that I can come see them everyday. I’d even pay a fee if necessary. Or if anyone knows of any resources I should know about, that too would be greatly appreciated.

Back
Top Bottom