Illinois...

Last night Lily was more bothered with the fireworks. Not whining or shaking, but she definitely wanted inside after doing chicken lock up. Once inside she settled down. I think it was just the fact they've been going off for days, and she was just over it.
Yes Kepler is still not acting right. (Not eating, not using the yard- which makes him vomit) Pretty much had fireworks from yesterday noon 'til 1am. The town display was from 9:30-10pm I was quite surprised how long the show was this year and happy the rain held off. I enjoy a good show, but of course I also feel bad for the poor dog. Neighborhood started arriving home and shooting off fireworks around 10:30pm. It was nonstop well past 11pm before it began to slow.

This morning I got him to go potty and eat a cup of food. DS took him for a run. Hopefully tonight won't be so bad...... and not start too early. Of course he hates thunder too, so either way he'll be in his crate again tonight.

The crowd was not as dense as last year, but I think that had more to do with current tragic events in Highland Park. My heart aches for those families. We tend to have false sense of security and think these things don't happen to us but it's so scary when it does happen - and so close to us. It really could have been any parade.

Fireworks can be dangerous.:(
A relative that lives in the NW suburbs,,,,,, house next to his caught fire from fireworks. Relatives' house vinyl siding melted pretty bad. Did not catch fire though.
There are many tragic stories of losses of eyes,,, fingers,, and such. In Indiana,, DW read a news post that a young boy,, about 11 years old lost his life. This is more than sad.
I'm all in favor of the Towns, Cities putting on a fireworks display. It is done by pros that take safety to high measures. One hour later,, and everyone goes home with pleasant memories. :)

Hi from DuPage county (Carol Stream)!

I have 3-4 day old Corturnix quail chicks (hatched 7/1 and 7/2) and 4 week old Coturnix quail chicks (hatched 6/9) for new homes.

The father roos are large Autumn Amber, hens are JMF Jumbo. Coloring on the chicks is primarily Autumn Amber, but I have a few Wild/Pharaoh coloring.

Sold straight run.

Fertile eggs also for sale (I had an 87% hatch rate in my own eggs). Same parentage. Egg size is approximately 1 3/8" + long.

If interested, please message and we can discuss prices.

Have a nice day,
Jen

Attachments

• PXL_20220704_111606937.jpg
    PXL_20220704_111606937.jpg
    439.4 KB · Views: 0
  • PXL_20220704_111606937.jpg
    PXL_20220704_111606937.jpg
    439.4 KB · Views: 0
  • PXL_20220703_225117313.jpg
    PXL_20220703_225117313.jpg
    524.1 KB · Views: 0
  • PXL_20220705_005649537~2.jpg
    PXL_20220705_005649537~2.jpg
    283.6 KB · Views: 1
  • Screenshot_20220704-200801.png
    Screenshot_20220704-200801.png
    2.6 MB · Views: 0
Hi there, we have a rooster that is in need of a new home since we aren't allowed to keep him where we live. ~4 months old. I'm located in Lake County but willing to travel a bit to find him a good home. Any leads on places that will take him also appreciated. Thanks in advance!

He's a handsome guy! I hope he finds a nice home. We can't have roosters here either. I have a friend with a dairy farm in Ringwood. I'll ask if she knows of anyone. She probably has more roosters than she needs since her hens are allowed to brood freely but she may know of someplace to check.

Funny of the day:

It's National Ice Cream Day! Our library had a "make and take" program with an ice cream theme. DS was hoping it might be a "make your own ice cream" kit or even a sundae bar. He begged me to leave early for our 4H meeting so we could stop by the library

Boy was he disappointed when they gave him a bag with styrofoam balls and tissue paper for a cute ice cream craft.
🤣

Back
Top Bottom