Illinois...

I'm making an effort to keep up with BYC again. I only have the bandwidth to keep. Up with a few threads though, so I'm going to watch this one and the garden thread I'm in.

I hope everybody is doing well. Enjoy the weather this week - in the 40s several days it looks like. I'm sure we will be dropping again soon.

I'm making an effort to keep up with BYC again. I only have the bandwidth to keep. Up with a few threads though, so I'm going to watch this one and the garden thread I'm in.

I hope everybody is doing well. Enjoy the weather this week - in the 40s several days it looks like. I'm sure we will be dropping again soon.
Welcome back
Busy here with family holiday gatherings.

I m not sure when or where, but I caught Covid (1st time ). It came on in a matter of hours and I was pretty out of it for a few days. DH was cooking and feeding everyone until Friday when he went downhill. Now it’s been up to the kids. Some pretty interesting meals. (😅Thankfully I can barely taste and can’t smell at all. )

Welcome back
Busy here with family holiday gatherings.

I m not sure when or where, but I caught Covid (1st time ). It came on in a matter of hours and I was pretty out of it for a few days. DH was cooking and feeding everyone until Friday when he went downhill. Now it’s been up to the kids. Some pretty interesting meals. (😅Thankfully I can barely taste and can’t smell at all. )
Sorry you all caught it. Good thing though is that this variant isn't as bad as the original.
Glad the kids have stepped up and are taking care of you.....

Welcome back ☺️

I had buy eggs last week too. I have 3 birds laying, but I used up all my reserves for holiday baking.

Note: One of my 3 layers is DS's spring pullet. (Her 1st egg on Sat, 2nd egg today) That Spitzhauben was very late to start! All of her sisters started laying at end of summer or September.
IMG_4439.JPG

The chicks from my broody bantams will be 8 weeks on Friday.

Spitzhauben #1 (I'm leaning towards female) Just has a narrow girlish face
IMG_1554 (2).JPG
crop adjustment (or opera singer)
IMG_1589 (2).JPG

Spitzhauben #2 (I thought male because of head shape but no male wattles yet)
IMG_1649 (2).JPG IMG_1659 (2).JPG

Showgirl #1 (maybe female)
IMG_1597 (2).JPG IMG_1606 (2).JPG

Showgirl #2 - a frizzle! Maybe male. Comb has a pink hue at times & bigger than the other.
IMG_1612 (2).JPG
IMG_1621 (2).JPG

Serama - "Mr Obvious" Knew he was a male before 3 weeks
IMG_1633 (2).JPG IMG_1637 (2).JPG

The chicks from my broody bantams will be 8 weeks on Friday.

Spitzhauben #1 (I'm leaning towards female) Just has a narrow girlish face
View attachment 3373081
crop adjustment (or opera singer)
View attachment 3373068

Spitzhauben #2 (I thought male because of head shape but no male wattles yet)
View attachment 3373088View attachment 3373089

Showgirl #1 (maybe female)
View attachment 3373071View attachment 3373072

Showgirl #2 - a frizzle! Maybe male. Comb has a pink hue at times & bigger than the other.
View attachment 3373073
View attachment 3373090

Serama - "Mr Obvious" Knew he was a male before 3 weeks
View attachment 3373077View attachment 3373079
I like Mr. Obvious. Pretty coloring! More important, does Teddy like Mr. Obvious?

I like Mr. Obvious. Pretty coloring! More important, does Teddy like Mr. Obvious?
We will wait and see. Teddy doesn’t harass chicks. Right now they all get along. I like when Mr Obvious stands tall. Need to figure out how to train him to stand like that

If the frizzle showgirl is a male, I may keep him a few months for breeding. MaiMai is gorgeous and it could reinforce the silkie feathers

I was hoping the kids would love the showgirls. Kids are now asking for “real silkies”. Neither kid likes the bald neck.

Back
Top Bottom