Illinois...

Which onion variety are you getting? Can we mix and match? I need to grow a red and a yellow variety because DS loves the reds but I trend to cook with the yellows.
I get a yellow patton for storage and I am getting a red, redwing to try. How many plants can you use? I can split a bunch of each if you don't want a full bunch of each. They also have an assortment of yellow, red and white in one bunch

A bunch is 50 to 75 of the same variety of onion plants. Sometimes more and sometimes half are scrawny little things that make bulbs the size of a quarter.
This is the place most companies get their onion plants.

They also have leeks, but they are priced separately from onions

You're right about it being 10F, but we managed to get plenty of sun. Forecast is saying it's supposed to get partly cloudy and then open up again. The greenhouse is 45F right now. That might thaw some frozen blocks of sand.

ETA: The sand IS thawing. I went into the greenhouse and it feels like a nice Spring day in there right now. I stepped on the lumps of sand and most of them fell apart easily. It feels more like 55/60F in the sunlight - the outdoor thermometer sensor is on the 4x4 foundation and in the shade so it's reading air temp in the coldest part of the greenhouse.
What are the dimensions of your greenhouse?

Love Dixondale Farms! I’ve grown plants from there for years and love looking at their catalog. I’d be interested in ordering with you if your delivery would be in April sometime.
725BE1C3-1DDF-493E-AEAB-9A8E44D75293.jpeg

Love Dixondale Farms! I’ve grown plants from there for years and love looking at their catalog. I’d be interested in ordering with you if your delivery would be in April sometime.
View attachment 3394492
I usually order for the first week of April, but sometimes they send them earlier. They recommend middle of March.
Choices
Screenshot_20230203-143556.png

Here's a comparison guide.
https://dixondalefarms.com/onion_comparison_table/

Long day do best around here
I could do a bunch each of Patterson and Red Wing. I'm tempted to get the Walla Walla but 1 month storage is nothing! I bet they would freeze well... if you have any interest in splitting a bunch of those I would be in.

Anyway, count me in for sure on the Patterson and Red Wing, 1 bunch each. Tell me what I owe when you're ready to place the order and how you want to be paid - cash, Zelle, Venmo, CashApp... I pretty much have all the options. I'll PM you my cell so you can text me in case I miss you here.

I could do a bunch each of Patterson and Red Wing. I'm tempted to get the Walla Walla but 1 month storage is nothing! I bet they would freeze well... if you have any interest in splitting a bunch of those I would be in.

Anyway, count me in for sure on the Patterson and Red Wing, 1 bunch each. Tell me what I owe when you're ready to place the order and how you want to be paid - cash, Zelle, Venmo, CashApp... I pretty much have all the options. I'll PM you my cell so you can text me in case I miss you here.
Cash when picked up will work, I don't have all the options LOL

Back
Top Bottom