Illinois...

The one thing I can't decide with the clear tarp though is if I want several smaller ones so they are secured in more places or as large as I can so there are fewer seams for wind or precipitation to seep in. I need 5'x25' in coverage and they don't make one that long so 5x20 + 5x5 is an option. Or I can do something like 5x10 and 5x15. Or just get like 5 5x5s so it's well secured and if one tears I am only replacing a small portion instead of the whole thing. Pros and cons both ways for sure.

How's everyone after the storms?
We were without power for about 46 hours. I don’t know if a tornado hit or if some type of wind sheer hit but there were about 30 utility poles snapped and lines down in four places between Amboy and Mendota.
Kudos to all the crews that got things going for us! :bow

We were without power for about 46 hours. I don’t know if a tornado hit or if some type of wind sheer hit but there were about 30 utility poles snapped and lines down in four places between Amboy and Mendota.
Kudos to all the crews that got things going for us! :bow

Glad you're okay! About 9 years ago we lost power for 23 hrs and my basement flooded. That was definitely a bad day.

Thanks @Molpet for that. We just got back up and running at 5:45 tonight so I haven’t had a chance to look. No power means no water for us. We are thankful for good neighbors that have generators so we had access to water for drinking (ours and animals) and flushing toilets. We have supplies for 24 hours but need to modify plans for longer periods.
Here is a pic of where our road comes into US Route 52 (same road as in the link picture you sent, just a bit farther north). It was taken this morning. The crews worked on the bigger sections yesterday and got ”our section” done today.
E14F0430-13B2-415D-9A91-4D8EE505EF7F.jpeg

Thanks @Molpet for that. We just got back up and running at 5:45 tonight so I haven’t had a chance to look. No power means no water for us. We are thankful for good neighbors that have generators so we had access to water for drinking (ours and animals) and flushing toilets. We have supplies for 24 hours but need to modify plans for longer periods.
Here is a pic of where our road comes into US Route 52 (same road as in the link picture you sent, just a bit farther north). It was taken this morning. The crews worked on the bigger sections yesterday and got ”our section” done today.
View attachment 3453467
I have about 30 gallon jugs, old vinegar and bleach bottles, with water and a creek on the property. Since the hospital moved a mile away I haven't been without power for 20 hrs. When I was a kid it was days before they would get it back.

Back
Top Bottom