Illinois...

Quote:
Hey Robin how are ya?? haven't heard from ya in a long time! Hope things are going well for ya, how is katie doing?

Boy you got that right! LOL Hey Robin I finially got my Sal. Fav.x silkie crosses! The boys look just like a minature Salmon Fav. Roos and the girls well there pretty much all colored like the female salmon Fav. with a slightly different body type. But they are so cute! and of course there feathers are soooooo soft and cuddly. I wish I had my phone up and running so I could post pictures of em. I was beginning to think that Rally the Sal. Fav. Roo that is in with the silkies was a DUD but he finially came through and proved he was good. Oliver the Sal. Fav Roo that is in with the big girls Ive only been able to get one chick that he is the father of, I thought that Bailey (Sal. Fav) hen was her momma but turns out Uno was her mom. so she is a Salmon Fav.X Speckled Sussex and she is pretty cute but I like the silkieX Fav. mixes better. they look way more exotic or something! Also all of the Sal. Fav. mixes have white legs and skin like there daddy?? I thought that the black skin and legs was dominate?? The only things they inherited from there silkie moms was the sooooo soft feathers and the cutie pie head poofs! Oh and their size I think that they may turn out just slightly larger than the largest silkie that I have, the chicks are different ages about a week or two apart, but the oldest is already trying to Boss the girls around, The older hens (Mommas) are having no part of him but the young girls having a rough time staying out of his way. LOL The hens put him in his place and don't back down he has to run from them. LOL

Sandy

Doing pretty good. Getting ready for Thanksgiving despite of the sinus cold going on. Katie just got her last day of school in today. Van is out of commission for now because hubby forgot to put the lid back on the fuse box and it got wet when it rained. At least he was able to take me home and will fix the van tomorrow. Thank God Katie does not have to go to school tomorrow. All I have to do is to plan the meal and get the stuff tomorrow when hubby gets off from work.

Most of the poultry were huddled in the barn. It was turkey processing day. Most of the turkeys (heritage & BB varieties) steered clear, but the red sex link egg layers were all up in our business!

Rain wasn't supposed to come this far north, but it did. High 30's & drizzle which made it a wonderful day for processing turkeys. Not so much for our customers to tour the farm though. A bit of drizzle was a bad thing for them.

High point of the day was the showing of the 3rd year in a row. one of our Chicago families that came for their T-Day tradition. It's good to see lil' Mike (just over 3 yo) running around the farm and playing indoors with the toy barn and toy farm animals. They are part of our Thanksgiving tradition now and I look forward to seeing lil' Mike grow each year!

At around 7:00 last night I took Callie (Dog) outside so she could go potty. As I was standing in the freezing cold wind and it was drizzling a little bit, but this wasn't rain! It was little snow flakes!
YUCK!

Hoping this will be my answer to winterizing the water for the girls.

74169_pb230024cropped.jpg

Back
Top Bottom