Illinois...

Hi, everyone! I sadly have to downsize and my larger ducks are on the list... Breaks my heart having to sell them, but I must!

1-Black Bibbed Runner - Female
1-Blue Runner - Male
1-Silver Runner - Male
Sale Pending

1-Blue Swedish Crested - Male
1-Black Swedish Crested - Female
1-Silver Swedish Crested - Female

Sale Pending

2- Rouen Mixes - Females

Would like to ge $10 for each, but will give a discount if you buy them all!

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the information. We are thinking about raising 100 next year on a tractor that is moved around our pasture and selling to our friends and family. But i am not set up to process in numbers and really don't have the heart to do it.

Last edited:
Errr ... I hate doing ducks, even though we have a plucker! If I have to do ducks (home-use) they get skinned so I don't have to deal with the feathers.

If I'm collecting down for a pillow, I can easily collect it from the skinned duck!

I'd just like to remind everyone that I am an Illinois NPIP tester who will travel to your farm to re-certify your NPIP status in Will County and neighboring areas.
Denise

Quote:
thumbsup.gif
Whats the catch? Gas gets expensive tho!

Quote:
Hi Denise!!
frow.gif
Where ya been? Haven't heard much from you lately!

How old do all the chickens have to be in order to be tested? and what is the cost? Is it per bird?

I'm asking .25 per mile and a buck a bird up to 10. I think it's fair and well under my costs. I just like to meet people and see their set-ups, do networking and drink coffee. The antigen has to be fresh and bought from the state for almost 100.00. The kit and consumables are more. Then there's gas of course and I have to clean up everything including my shoes and such between visits.
I've had great luck with all the people I've been out to see but 1.
What a horror story! Fancy BIG House, birds in small cramped yucky cages, dirty area, no access to running water outdoors and I was not allowed indoors to clean up afterwards. I arrived wearing my coveralls and disifectable shoes, was shown to the birds but had no where to set my kit up and plug in was a problem. finally found a space and on my knees did the tests. One bird was different. It had very thin blood and was hard to test. Blood everywhere on my hands. Tested that one bird 5 times. 1st test positive ( fail), 2nd test negative ( pass), 3rd test positive, 4th test inconclusive, 5th test negative. I had to call the state and they didn't like that. Couldn't wash up because there was no outside water ( so they said) and "strangers are not allowed into the house. Drove home hoping not to get pulled over 'cause it looked like I had just murdered some one. Had hubby bring me a bucket of water & bleach out to the end of the property. Stripped putting clothes in a garbage bag and washed my skin with the bleach water. Phew! I now carry personal clean up and disinfectant enough for me along with the stuff I carry to disinfect my kit. Never had to use it since. All other visits have been like meeting a new friend. It's been nice.

Back
Top Bottom