Illness or stress?

Rabedraboh

Hatching
Jun 12, 2022
My scissor beak has been picked on a LOT since they started laying a month ago, and I've recently noticed that her back waddle or whatever that is called behind the head is pale/white colored now. Is this probably just stress or nutritional deficiency or something else? She's smaller that everyone else but seems otherwise healthy. She's eating and drinking, her comb is dark because it has a lot of injuries and I have Pick-No-More on it.
IMG20221126115233.jpg

First of all, what is your location? We don't need a map to your house, just state or province and country.

Next, please use a warm soapy wash cloth and remove all the goop from her comb. Then take another photo so we can see what parts you are concerned about without having to guess what's under the purple goop.

Several things can affect the color of a comb. Hormones, disease, severe injury, and weather extremes. Maybe we can tell you which it might be if we can see the comb tissue.

First of all, what is your location? We don't need a map to your house, just state or province and country.

Next, please use a warm soapy wash cloth and remove all the goop from her comb. Then take another photo so we can see what parts you are concerned about without having to guess what's under the purple goop.

Several things can affect the color of a comb. Hormones, disease, severe injury, and weather extremes. Maybe we can tell you which it might be if we can see the comb tissue.
Thanks! I'm in N Texas, it's been incredibly wet last 2 weeks and the run is so muddy, we're getting straw to put down today. The goo is a dye to keep the red from showing so I can't wash it off, but I'm not concerned about her comb, just the red, stretchy skin patch that they have behind the ears, hers have gone pale. Like white/pink vs bright red. She was my last to start laying, they are 24w hybrids and she's been laying for about a week, 3 eggs total I think.

Back
Top Bottom