Illustrations of adult male peafowls.

I putted my illustration of pavo imperator cattiensis, in page 1st of this topic, below pavo imperator imperator.

Clinton.

It's great, but you need to work on the barring of the hind-wing of them. It is prominent in cattiensis, but you can notice it in many of the forms, even muticus muticus.

Frank,
Hind-wing=secondaries ???

I did not seen the pale barrings on secondaries of green peacocks, but some races of green peahens had pale barrings on terteries.

the tertiaries of male Green Peafowl still exhibit barring.

see this picture that Resolution posted before of the terminal edge of muticus muticus:

Pahangmalebackplateterminalbackmeetingtrainnotecentresofplumes.jpg

Yes, I noticed the barrings on inner tertaries, they can be seen when bird is not flying, but not when bird is in flight, as scarpulars covers the inner tertaries when in flight.

frow.gif
Question: Is pavo muticus malacensi diffenent ??? alike to pavo muticus muticus ???, in colours & pattens ???

Clinton.

no Malacense is more like annamensis and spicifer in some ways, with a more bluer neck similar to imperator imperator. At this point we will never know much about the two forms since they are extinct in the wild and captive birds (such as Mennig stock) may as well be composites. Female has quite a lot of barring on the back while nominate has more iridescence.

greenpea3.jpg

Hi Clinton and FrankYLegend. Can you tell me where are wild p. annamensis annamensis living in a naturein Vietnam.They live in Central Highland Vietnam ? Cause I think p.i. cattiensis live in South Vietnam and p.annamensis xishuangbannaensis live in North Vietnam and p. annamensis annamensis live in Central Highland .Everybody have any info for p. annamensis annamensis.In Vietnam have a litle infomation for wild peafowls so i need infos about Peafowl in Vietnam wild.They will help me alot for raising peacock in near future.Thanks all

annamensis lives in the broadleaf forests of the annamite mountains and boloven plateau in Laos. I would say it's Central Vietnam spreading into southern Laos.

xishuangbannaensis lives in Xishuangbanna in China but given hybrids there it is almost certainly doomed.

Cattiensis lives in and around Cat Tien National park and Lam Dong province in the Central Highlands. Tonkinensis live(ed) up north and there are two forms the Black and Red River forms. Nominate imperator lives in Northern Vietnam in more dense forest areas.

This breeder has what appears to be Imperator Imperator and Annamensis:
http://spicifere.pagesperso-orange.fr/especes/Vietnam/Vietnam.htm

There is likely some overlap between these, in Thailand there definitely is. Nowadays we don't see pure spicifer or annamensis in Thailand...

This bird in Thailand appears to be at least partially annamensis:
index.php

What should I do to search up "Green Peafowl" on Vietnamese sites? I know it's "Cong" in Vietnamese... It seems easier to find "Green Peafowl" image results in Thai. In Chinese, I get a load of hybrid pictures since ppl think of the Indian Peahen as "green"

Last edited:
Thanks you for info FrankYLegend.But I don't understand .because Great Annamite Mountains begin from Ha Tinh Provice and end in Lam Dong Province so i think p. annamensis annamensis only live in North-Central Vietnam,some place as: Phong Nha Ke Bang Nature Park (Quang Binh Province),broadleaf forests in Nghe An,Thanh Hoa and Nghe Tinh Province some place in Laos(Border Viet-Laos) That a inference from me.Because only a some zone in Central Vietnam and Central Highland Vietnam have wild peafowls live in nature .In North-Central Vietnam:Quang Binh,Nghe An,Thanh Hoa,Nghe Tinh,Ha Tinh,Quang Tri Province and Thua Thien-Hue Province.And In South-Central Vietnam peafowls live with litle flocks in forests.Especial Phu Yen Province near with Daklak and Gia Lai Province have alot peafowls live in wild.This is a green peafowl in Gia Lai Province near Phu Yen Provice there peafowls from to wild
6504843563_ed1473dbfa_z.jpg

6504843689_23210329ce_z.jpg

I have post map for wild peafowl in natural you can see.
newmap.png

I have photos from breeder live in North Vietnam (Thai Nguyen Province) He raise exotic pheasants and peafowls : but i don't sure they a
p. annamensis annamensis or Tonkinensis !!!!!!!!!!!
36391275199229.jpg

DSC01315.jpg

DSC01325.jpg

DSC01328.jpg

DSC01370.jpg

FrankYLegend.Green Peafowl tranlate in to Vietnamese is a "Chim Công má vàng" not "Cong".India Peafowl is a "Chim Công xanh Ấn Độ" But not for many image and info for Vietnam peafowl in internet if you need picture for let me know i will help you find them.When my friend com back home i will show full image for male p.i Cattiensis he raise.

Interesting !
Ga_Tre, do you know the Venerable Thich Nguyen Duc, Buddhists monk at the monastery of Tuy Hoa in Phu Yen province ?

To raise green peacocks in Vietnam ,you need a permit?

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom