I'm a duckling mommy!

Make sure you do plenty of research and prep ahead of time for your babies so you're feeling prepared when they come. They grow fast!
Yes, I already bought all that stuff. But not exactly sure how to feed the grit to them because it will settle on the bottom of the food if I mix it. But then again, won't they just swallow it how it is?

If you're feeding them duckling starter feed they don't need grit. Grit would be for if you were feeding them whole grains, or veggies, and they don't have access to dirt and sand outside. In that case it would be offered to them in a separate bowl as optional - they will know when they need it. Do you have a good duckling starter food for them? What breed are they? Some breeds of ducklings need extra niacin so they don't develop issues with their legs. There are several threads of advice on BYC for those new to ducklings and you'll have a lot of questions answered and it's good to research.

If you're feeding them duckling starter feed they don't need grit. Grit would be for if you were feeding them whole grains, or veggies, and they don't have access to dirt and sand outside. In that case it would be offered to them in a separate bowl as optional - they will know when they need it. Do you have a good duckling starter food for them? What breed are they? Some breeds of ducklings need extra niacin so they don't develop issues with their legs. There are several threads of advice on BYC for those new to ducklings and you'll have a lot of questions answered and it's good to research.
I bought brewers yeast, grit because my grass has chemicals, and chick non medicated starter. I read a bunch of articles on ducklings. But I'm still learning more about their diet and stuff.

I see that niacin isn't in brewers yeast and chich non medicated starter. Is it b complex? Im going to look it up.

It says online that I can use brewers yeast so that's good!

You can buy Mazuri duckling starter online at Chewy.com. Pekins will often need additional niacin, which can be given in to them over treats with the liquid vitamin B complex. When I had ducklings I also used brewer's yeast and it was fine for 4 of my 6 ducklings, but two still had higher needs for niacin.

What are your thoughts on your grass, and what do you mean by chemicals? Ducks will want to forage in grass and they actually eat it.

You can buy Mazuri duckling starter online at Chewy.com. Pekins will often need additional niacin, which can be given in to them over treats with the liquid vitamin B complex. When I had ducklings I also used brewer's yeast and it was fine for 4 of my 6 ducklings, but two still had higher needs for niacin.

What are your thoughts on your grass, and what do you mean by chemicals? Ducks will want to forage in grass and they actually eat it.
Like grass seeds. The eggs are either one or two of the following,
From left to right:
Blue Swedish female
Blue Swedish male
2 Khaki Campbell females (1 hiding)
Gold Star Hybrid male

Attachments

• IMG_2161.jpg
    IMG_2161.jpg
    299.9 KB · Views: 1

I don't know if the seeds contained chemicals or not though

Back
Top Bottom