I'm a hypocrite

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by BigDaddy'sGurl, Oct 16, 2010.

1. BigDaddy'sGurl

BigDaddy'sGurl Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 14, 2010
    Wilkesboro NC
    I have been "getting onto" my husband lately because he wants to keep the "pretty roosters" from every hatch we have...stupid him, huh? Ha ha ha ha h...h....hu...hmmm. *sigh*

Here's my problem. We have a group of chicks, about 10 weeks old. The breeds are, EE (pullet), mutt (pullet), RIR (roo), and 2 BOs (pullet and roo). Here's what my plan WAS: come springtime 2011 we were going to focus on two breeds and two breeds only: Barred Rocks and Buff Orpingtons. Errr, hmmm.....and then I fell in love. I fell in love with....Stewie. The RIR roo. Hear me out: he is so sweet and red, and red is simply my FAVORITE color! He is also the absolute friendliest chick I have ever seen! He follows me around, he sits in my lap, he seems to genuinely love me! [​IMG] forgive me for my inability to fight this feeling!

UPDATE!!!!

While typing this thread I gave my husband the "doe eyes" when he asked what I was doing and explained my stance on Stewie's fate. He was not impressed. However, being the on the spot arguer I am, I had a flash of inspiration! I always use the tactic of profit for my reasons with my husband...responsibility is a close second. I asked him, wouldn't it be responsible and profitable to cross little Stewie (RIR) and some BR ladies and create (drum roll please).............................................................................sex links!!!

He fell for it...and the hypocrisy wins again. [​IMG]

2. yomama

yomama Overrun With Chickens

That's great! [​IMG] I love it when I can find a way to rationalize and justify something I want, even when it's something I'v given my husband a hard time about. Good thinking!!

3. WhispersToChickens

WhispersToChickens Out Of The Brooder

Apr 17, 2010
    LMAO...nothing like a good ol rationalization to save the day..... and Stewie!

4. theoldchick

theoldchick The Chicken Whisperer

May 11, 2010
    Are you cheating on your husband with a sexy red rooster? Shame on you! On the other hand, work it girl! Good for you!

5. BigDaddy'sGurl

BigDaddy'sGurl Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 14, 2010
    Wilkesboro NC
    I'm still giggling over my own genius this morning lol...my man is such a pushover... : )

6. WIChookchick

WIChookchick Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 25, 2010
    Rural Brooklyn, WI
    Mine doesn't care as long as they are at the barn. Although he does admit as chicks they are cute!
    Mow to find some call ducks!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by