I'm a hypocrite

BigDaddy'sGurl

Songster
9 Years
Jul 14, 2010
Wilkesboro NC
I have been "getting onto" my husband lately because he wants to keep the "pretty roosters" from every hatch we have...stupid him, huh? Ha ha ha ha h...h....hu...hmmm. *sigh*

Here's my problem. We have a group of chicks, about 10 weeks old. The breeds are, EE (pullet), mutt (pullet), RIR (roo), and 2 BOs (pullet and roo). Here's what my plan WAS: come springtime 2011 we were going to focus on two breeds and two breeds only: Barred Rocks and Buff Orpingtons. Errr, hmmm.....and then I fell in love. I fell in love with....Stewie. The RIR roo. Hear me out: he is so sweet and red, and red is simply my FAVORITE color! He is also the absolute friendliest chick I have ever seen! He follows me around, he sits in my lap, he seems to genuinely love me!
roll.png
forgive me for my inability to fight this feeling!

UPDATE!!!!

While typing this thread I gave my husband the "doe eyes" when he asked what I was doing and explained my stance on Stewie's fate. He was not impressed. However, being the on the spot arguer I am, I had a flash of inspiration! I always use the tactic of profit for my reasons with my husband...responsibility is a close second. I asked him, wouldn't it be responsible and profitable to cross little Stewie (RIR) and some BR ladies and create (drum roll please).............................................................................sex links!!!

He fell for it...and the hypocrisy wins again.
lol.png

Are you cheating on your husband with a sexy red rooster? Shame on you! On the other hand, work it girl! Good for you!

Back
Top Bottom