I'm a JUNKY !!!!

quailmale

Songster
8 Years
Mar 4, 2011
Brevard County Florida
Why is incubating eggs so addictive ? As most know until about 3 months ago I had no Quail or had never incubated nothing other than the Flu. So I bought 100 Bobs, then 150 Coturnix, then 10 turkeys, now I've done it agan, 200 more Jumbo Cortunix. I can't stop.
he.gif

(And before you ask YES I have pens for them all).......
jumpy.gif
wee.gif
celebrate.gif

Hatching is addicting. And watching those babies come out of the egg is much fun. I love them when they are only a week old. So cute they are. I had to pack away the incubator last year as I was in the same boat and I knew if I saw that bator this spring, I would go into action. But I have enough poultry running around the yard, what with chickens and quail, I am up to my ears in birds!
tongue.png
And my quail are producing so many fertile eggs, it gets me thinking each time I go to remove them.
smile.png

Quote:
The only worrying bit here is the turkey you hatched... and you're still at it, so I guess it was not 'cold'.... and 10 of them... omg, that doubles up as an agricultural gym! Here is my favorite video on how to pick 'em up:

Then again, maybe that really is one of the mystical 23lb monster quails?
smile.png
smile.png
smile.png

thank you, my name is model_A_tractor, I share your affliction.

so far, for me, honesty with yourself and others and plenty of pens allows you to live with it.

also, being able to use your birds and eggs for food, allows you to call it "sustainable farming?", I like to call it "self-medicating".

Quote:
AMEN BROTHER!! "sustainable farming" or "self-medicating" will both work. GAWD DAM, the pusher man!!!

Quote:
The only worrying bit here is the turkey you hatched... and you're still at it, so I guess it was not 'cold'.... and 10 of them... omg, that doubles up as an agricultural gym! Here is my favorite video on how to pick 'em up:

Then again, maybe that really is one of the mystical 23lb monster quails?
smile.png
smile.png
smile.png

COLD ? It's been in the 90's on and off for a month...........oh and with all the birds I have 45 rabbits and counting ............
bun.gif

Back
Top Bottom