I'm a little discouraged at the moment with a Facebook group.. *rant

Status
Not open for further replies.
Meh, Internet forums/groups. Not all of them have chill or even sane admins or checks and balances to keep power trips from happening. I'd just find one that does. Same with jobs in real life really. XD
Sounds neat to me. I'd love to see you start a page on here about your project. :)

I will start a page maybe when I get more babies. I'm still expirimenting with the outcomes. Mom and I want a good bird that lays well and gets big for eating. Papa rooster is rather large compared to the laying hens.. And right now we have a young cockerel that looks like papa, I must let him grow out to see how big he gets. Mom and I were just planning to eat him really, but there may be a chance I'll want him for breeding. ^^

Meh, Internet forums/groups. Not all of them have chill or even sane admins or checks and balances to keep power trips from happening. I'd just find one that does. Same with jobs in real life really. XD
Sounds neat to me. I'd love to see you start a page on here about your project. :)

x2

You can also start your own FB group. I'd love to see what you have brewing.

BTW, love your avatar!

BTW, love your avatar!

I second this. :D
I don't see anything wrong with you working on your own project. I'd be pretty upset too if some know-it-alls put me down for trying something new - hey, I'm sure there'd be many people who would support you all the way, you just have to find them! So I agree with the making of your own page/site idea.
But as for the admins - sometimes people let power get to their heads. Better luck for getting into the group this time. :hugs

As for the cliques, I would like to just tell you they're silly, but that would make me a hypocrite because sometimes they bother me too. I think it's better if people try to be open with everyone, but sadly that's hardly ever always the case. I just try to enjoy myself, even if that's by myself. Sometimes very good things happen when you're doing something alone.

And as for them making rude comments about you mixing breeds/mutts,... whatever...
Just let it go over your head.. those type of people have some serious issues. They feel the need to judge others and belittle them,(because it makes them feel superior)...
They are really insecure people inside,... they have the NEED to control things... and if you are doing something that they dont "agree" with, they get soooo ****** off...
They crack me up...
You wouldnt WANT to be involved a group that supports those type of people anyways... trust me. Lots of better groups out there.. :)

Last edited:
I agree with everything redhen says. You are better than that and no one deserves to be put down in this way. This is absolute playground stuff and the sad part about it is there are those that never, in their whole lives, grow beyond a seven year old! Good luck with your project it sounds really exciting. A pedigree means nothing except to those who feel it makes them superior in some way.

Keep this in mind... most of the heritage breeds or specific breeds also started out as "mutt" birds as they were being developed on the farms etc... Who knows you may be on to something with your own mutts!

You'll find as you get older, that this kind of drama isn't worth your time. Move on to other sites or create your own and don't let people get to you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom