Solved Blocked from Facebook group??

Not to get too geeky, but...

In it's purest form, "social media" is defined as "websites and applications that enable users to create and share content or to participate in social networking".

So, ya... in some ways BYC (and all discussion boards / forums) can be lumped into "social media". Of course, BYC is SO much more, especially considering our vast diversity of articles, etc.

What I find interesting is the demarcation between a "Social Graph" and an "Interest Graph":

Social Graph: Based more on existing relationships, friendships, etc., regardless of hobbies or things in which you have interest
Interest Graph: Based more on common hobbies, interests, etc., regardless of relationships

One of the things I LOVE most about BYC: People usually find our amazing community and join based on their interest related to raising chickens (interest graph)... but over time develop friendships with the awesome people we have here, and then become more engaged for the "social graph" aspects! :)

All that said, as it relates to the Facebooks, Twitters, Instagrams, Tik-Toks, etc., (and I'm clearly biased), I think BYC is a way WAY WAYYYYY better (safer, friendlier, more feature-rich, fewer ads, less privacy violating, etc.) "social media" options out on the webs!

In it's purest form, "social media" is defined as "websites and applications that enable users to create and share content or to participate in social networking".

So, ya... in some ways BYC (and all discussion boards / forums) can be lumped into "social media". Of course, BYC is SO much more, especially considering our vast diversity of articles, etc.

What I find interesting is the demarcation between a "Social Graph" and an "Interest Graph":

Social Graph: Based more on existing relationships, friendships, etc., regardless of hobbies or things in which you have interest
Interest Graph: Based more on common hobbies, interests, etc., regardless of relationships

One of the things I LOVE most about BYC: People usually find our amazing community and join based on their interest related to raising chickens (interest graph)... but over time develop friendships with the awesome people we have here, and then become more engaged for the "social graph" aspects! :)

All that said, as it relates to the Facebooks, Twitters, Instagrams, Tik-Toks, etc., (and I'm clearly biased), I think BYC is a way WAY WAYYYYY better (safer, friendlier, more feature-rich, fewer ads, less privacy violating, etc.) "social media" options out on the webs!
Agreed I have been so impressed by all of the wonderful chicken people and this website has helped me over and over I love it’s peeps🤩.

You're on social media right now
Don't conflate the two. Comparing apples & oranges.
Backyard Chickens is on a different level. Social media has been hijack by the woke element. Too many landmines to step on. Pushing different agendas of disillusion. Backyard Chickens gives practical information.

FB, twatter and others, provide comfort to foreign dictators, spewing their nonsense on the same venue. Do we see that happening on Backyard Chickens?
How many FB friends are really friends, not some AI bot. Or some IT dept. snowflake replying instead.

Backyard Chickens is a community focused on chickens. Social media is too diverse, caters to many other views. Some FB users view, think they are in a community of like minded people, they're not.

FB users besides posting selfie food pictures. Users also post very personal information on social media. There are creepy people trolling social media doing creepy things too.
Sometimes users post personal stuff on social media to fake friends they would not tell their own family members.
That is one difference on Backyard Chickens in posting.

Most of those type of social media is funneled into the CCP that monitors users.

Anyway, we can agree to disagree and part our ways in peace, not in hate.

Last edited:

Well said, Spot on!

I do not have a Facebook account so no it’s not connected. Facebook does not support freedom of speech politically. I cancelled my account completely 2 yrs ago..when they started that bull crap. I will never support what they stand for!! You are better to cancel your account so that they don’t have all of your info. In my opinion.
Ohmyword, yes. I defended a black girl on FB who got attacked by white girls, and was given a suspension for "hate crimes". If you say ANYTHING against the group narrative, you eventually get sanctioned. Pick a topic of any kind. Have your own brain, you'll eventually get in trouble. I canceled all my mainline social discourse accounts. They are groups of hate.

Back
Top Bottom