Im a new mommy and its prob nothing but....

I love them there is no such thing as too many pictures. Take a lot while they're ducklings, they won't be for long! And lol they never listen when told to stop growing.../

So heres some more pics.. It seems they double in size every night... And let me know when im posting too many pics..

Are these tail feathers? The real kind?

My roan.. Big pimpin

My khaki, baby

Spike

Mohawk

Quackers

Lil pimp and big pimp behind her

The first 2 are older than the last four by a week.
They are so precious!!

Ok guys, remind me again why i brought 6 poop machines home? In my bedroom? (Under construction) they are loud as hell when they hear water. (Rite next to bathroom.) they so adore water, would spend all day if i let them. They raise hell when the waters gone. They completely demolish their tote within 2 minutes after i spend 20 cleaning it.... Clean water feeder my @#%.

Oh yea, i remember now... Bc they soooo adorable.

They are getting so big...

But i have a problem... They are getting to big for tote??? What do i do? It still gets down in 50s at night, so i dont want them cold... Any suggestions? Can i split them up in 2 totes for awhile or will they fight when they go bk together?

Last edited:
Ok guys, remind me again why i brought 6 poop machines home? In my bedroom? (Under construction) they are loud as hell when they hear water. (Rite next to bathroom.) they so adore water, would spend all day if i let them. They raise hell when the waters gone. They completely demolish their tote within 2 minutes after i spend 20 cleaning it.... Clean water feeder my @#%.

Oh yea, i remember now... Bc they soooo adorable.
They are getting so big...

But i have a problem... They are getting to big for tote??? What do i do? It still gets down in 50s at night, so i dont want them cold... Any suggestions? Can i split them up in 2 totes for awhile or will they fight when they go bk together?

They're probably imprinted on each other, and will peep peep peep or quack quack quack until they are back together. I'm serious. The most noise my two ducks ever made was when they were apart.
As for the tote... When the ducks were too old for the brooder, but to young for outdoors, we got a little creative. Do you have a garage? We put down plastic covering in our garage, placed one of those baby gate things around it, piled shavings on, gave them food and water, and they went in there. Our garage wasn't heated, but it was warmer than outside, and there was no cold wind. If you don't have a garage or can't do this for some reason, I suggest putting them in a bathtub, or buying a wide kiddie pool and putting cardboard up around it so they can't jump out.
How old are your ducks? Is that picture recent?

They're probably imprinted on each other, and will peep peep peep or quack quack quack until they are back together. I'm serious. The most noise my two ducks ever made was when they were apart.
As for the tote... When the ducks were too old for the brooder, but to young for outdoors, we got a little creative. Do you have a garage? We put down plastic covering in our garage, placed one of those baby gate things around it, piled shavings on, gave them food and water, and they went in there. Our garage wasn't heated, but it was warmer than outside, and there was no cold wind. If you don't have a garage or can't do this for some reason, I suggest putting them in a bathtub, or buying a wide kiddie pool and putting cardboard up around it so they can't jump out.
How old are your ducks? Is that picture recent?
All good ideas but they will need heat if they go anywhere besides the house so you can do the garage but set up some heat for them too. 3 In a tote would probably be okay as long as they have time all together sometime during the day. They make larger totes and also a huge cardboard box would work too like a Refrigerator box from Lowes or other big box store.

All good ideas but they will need heat if they go anywhere besides the house so you can do the garage but set up some heat for them too. 3 In a tote would probably be okay as long as they have time all together sometime during the day. They make larger totes and also a huge cardboard box would work too like a Refrigerator box from Lowes or other big box store.

Sorry, forgot to mention the heat lamp!
hide.gif

Great... Yalls suggestions got my hubby thinking.. I do believe he just converted my master bedroom into a duck room... Complete with drop lights and drywall lolol.. Ill post pics after im allowed bk in..

Oh and update.. Hubby caught duck lov.. He goes in and plays with them during bathtime and even trained one to come to him and sit on his hand... AND is getting a huge pool/pond frame from work... I think hes hooked lmfao

Great... Yalls suggestions got my hubby thinking.. I do believe he just converted my master bedroom into a duck room... Complete with drop lights and drywall lolol.. Ill post pics after im allowed bk in..

Oh and update.. Hubby caught duck lov.. He goes in and plays with them during bathtime and even trained one to come to him and sit on his hand... AND is getting a huge pool/pond frame from work... I think hes hooked lmfao
Can't wait to see the new Duckling condo
pop.gif

Back
Top Bottom