I'm Being Falsely Accused

hehehehehe of course when you do someting wrong it is your fault but in this case I will agree with you...it is not your fault...it is coming from a bag open somewhere.
wink.png

Pine shavings dust in my house comes from the open bag too.
wink.png

Quote:
Your quote..!!!! Ive wanted to ask.. like on the commercials when they talk of things that "smell".. Ive always thought it was the nose that smelled, and the item in mention stunk. like in stunk like a skunk. or at least smelled badly.. jdy
just one of those things that catches my eye...

Quote:
Your quote..!!!! Ive wanted to ask.. like on the commercials when they talk of things that "smell".. Ive always thought it was the nose that smelled, and the item in mention stunk. like in stunk like a skunk. or at least smelled badly.. jdy

I've always thought that the principal parts of the irregular verb, stink, were stink, stank, and stunk. So your sentence should be, "..., and the item in mention stank (past tense, not present perfect tense)." since there is no auxiliary verb (has, had, have) being used. ALSO, in your, "... or at least smelled badly.", that should be bad not badly because in that sentence "smelled" is intransitive, not transitive, so it takes a predicate adjective that refers back to modify the subject, i.e., if you said badly (an adverb), you'd be referring to the nose and the way it operates.
People correcting others' grammar is "just one of those things that catches my eye..."

Last edited:
Quote:

I've always thought that the principal parts of the irregular verb, stink, were stink, stank, and stunk. So your sentence should be, "..., and the item in mention stank (past tense, not present perfect tense)." since there is no auxiliary verb being used. ALSO, in your, "... or at least smelled badly.", that should be bad not badly because in that sentence "smell" is intransitive, not transitive, so it takes a predicate adjective that refers back to modify the subject, i.e., if you said badly (an adverb), you'd be referring to the nose and the way it operates.
People correcting others' grammar is "just one of those things that catches my eye..."

I think that that the proper way of saying it is something has a bad odor and you smell it. Haha I win.
Joe, I'm sure your peat doesn't have an odor, and Buster, I'm positive that your cute clean little ducks are odor free as well.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom