im crying...droped egg while candeling it..

Wendy'sChicksRock

Songster
9 Years
Aug 8, 2010
Oakland county ,MI
I'm so sad right now.my little tiny silkie broodie has been sitting on 3 EE eggs for 10 days now.so I thought id candle tme to see how things were going..oh my gosh.....I droped one thru the tube I was using to candle it and it cracked open...oh my gosh..I'm so upset my first ever baby and I killed it....I'm not sure if the other two will hatch.with my luck they won't.. the blue egg is really hard to see inside of ...lesson's the hard way are no fun....I feel so bad :0(

I'm so sorry...
hugs.gif

Oh my gosh, I've actually had nightmares about doing that. So sorry. Is it cracked wide open or just a hairline crack? Don't beat yourself up.
hugs.gif

It cracked almost in half...I could see the baby... I feel sick...I didn't know what to do :0( I scoped it up...I will NEVER candle again..I new I should have just waited...I'm soo impatient..thank goodness my kids were not out in the coop with me...

Wendy'sChicksRock :

It cracked almost in half...I could see the baby... I feel sick...I didn't know what to do :0( I scoped it up...I will NEVER candle again..I new I should have just waited...I'm soo impatient..thank goodness my kids were not out in the coop with me...

It could have happened to anyone. I believe it really counts when our intentions are good.​

So sorry to hear that I dropped an egg once changing it from egg turning to sit on the wire for lock down. I wanted to die I covered the crack with a think layer of candle wax and the little guy hatched
smile.png

Yes, you will candle again with total success! If you don't candle the dud eggs may build up gas and explode leaving a horrible sticky mess. Like I said, don't beat yourself up.
hugs.gif

OH, so sorry to hear that.....Every time I candle an egg, I worry that will happen.......I'll bet it's happened to everybody at least one time....

Back
Top Bottom