I'm FED up with Hard Boiled Egg DISASTERS!

serveimage
Oh. I thought those were used during card games to let you know when your turn was over.

I was raised on soft yolks so I honestly don't care for hard boiled eggs (exception: egg salad or other salad applications, as soft boiled won't work for that) but hubby loves his deviled eggs, so hard boiling is a thing for me now.

Over easy or soft poached is the way to go. :drool Or a soft, just-setting scramble (not hammered like most diners do it). I have a soft poached egg for lunch almost every weekday.
Sounds good! You'd think after having my own chickens and eggs for this many years I would have learned to appreciate soft boiled and "undercooked" eggs by now. I really need to expand my horizons...

Sounds good! You'd think after having my own chickens and eggs for this many years I would have learned to appreciate soft boiled and "undercooked" eggs by now. I really need to expand my horizons...

Well some folks can't get past the fear of 1) it's going to make me sick or 2) eww it's so gooey. But I've never had food poisoning before and that's after eating many, many undercooked eggs. I suppose either you like it or you don't. When I make eggs for hubby it's always over hard (aka "you get the ones with the broken yolk") or hard boiled, or even worse a semi-firm poach :sick. He doesn't get my love for a soft or runny yolk though he'll eat them on occasion if he must (i.e. eggs benedict at a restaurant).

This is how I like my Ham, egg, and cheese sandie. The white HAS TO BE COOKED. The yolk I like soft,,, running. (skillet fried egg)
View attachment 1959950

Geez I want to rub the open face of that sandwich all over that yolk to sop it up...

I will have to try that! I need to make the best tasting and looking deviled eggs anyone ever saw the year...or else I'm just the crazy bird lady of the family with some funky looking eggs :gigMakes no difference to me...the birds will still love me ;)
The deviled eggs will still be delicious regardless of what they look like.
You could always tell people to shut their eyes while they're eating them if they're too ugly!

I would have come over and ate:drool:drool:drool that one:hit
Way back in a different Century and Millennia, when I was a lil snipe,,, I used to eat soft boiled eggs that mom would give me. The egg would be placed in a small shot glass to keep it upright. Just the top 1/3rd of the shell was removed. Ate the egg out of shell with a teaspoon. I need to try that again to bring back some pleasant child memories:)

That's how I used to have them way back when too Cavey. Mom always called them "coddled eggs" and they were delicious!

Back
Top Bottom