1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

I'm getting Sebs!!! Woo Hoo!!

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by MBLayfield, Mar 18, 2008.

1. MBLayfield

MBLayfield Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 22, 2007
    Wellsville, UT
    I managed to get on a list for sebs today! I paid for five goslings! The eggs are going in the incubator this weekend, I'm so excited!!!

Wanna know the best part? DH couldn't and didn't say a thing! [​IMG] I took deposits on a litter of lionheads that I had two months ago, and I was able to deliver them all today! So, from the bunny money I was able to purchase the sebs. We have an agreement, as long as my little hobby farm supports itself he's cool with it, oh and as long as I have a place to put them BEFORE I bring it home. [​IMG]

I'm so excited! They will be ready the first week in may for shipping!

2. MissPrissy

MissPrissy Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

May 7, 2007
    Forks, Virginia
    Ohhh those are awesome eye candy! I am on a list for some hatchlings too!

3. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

I've wanted some for years, but the hubby is VERY opposed to any geese. [​IMG]

4. MBLayfield

Oct 22, 2007
    Wellsville, UT
    Quote:Do you have any idea when you will be getting yours? I hope its soon! Eye candy is indeed what they are. I am so excited, it feels like my birthday!

Katy I've wanted some for years, but the hubby is VERY opposed to any geese

My husband is too. He thinks geese are mean and useless. But I reminded him of our deal and that I had a fenced place for them. I paid for them before I told him about them. Better to ask forgiveness I say......... [​IMG]

5. Crunchie

Crunchie Brook Valley Farm

Mar 1, 2007
    Maryland
    ME TOO! Me too! [​IMG]

I'm on a list of a local breeder. I can pick them up, don't even have to ship! I thought that my husband would be really opposed--he's totally afraid of the chickens, so something bigger?? I never thought he'd go for it. But he was on board the first time I mentioned it! I think it helped that I emailed links w/pictures--how can you resist them?? As goslings, they're adorable; as full-grown geese, they are absolutely beautiful!!

I can't wait, either. It is like Christmas, isn't it?? [​IMG]

6. banter

banter Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 3, 2008
    Raymond Maine
    My Sebs and chickens and ducks live in (almost) perfect harmony. Sebastopols are very gentle geese.

7. MBLayfield

Oct 22, 2007
    Wellsville, UT
    Quote:YES! IT IS LIKE CHRISTMAS!!! [​IMG] lol you are so lucky that you can pick them up! I have to wait until May [​IMG] When do you get to go get them? LUCKY DUCK!!!! I'm jealous...........[​IMG]

8. LinckHillPoultry

LinckHillPoultry Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 17, 2008
    Pennsylvania
    that's terrific. sebs are so laid back and friendly.

9. steffpeck

steffpeck Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 25, 2007
    Erda, UT
    Quote:Woohoo!!! I want some really bad!!! You live in Utah also, so maybe in a year or so, I can buy some from you!!! [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 19, 2008
  10. luvmychicknkids

luvmychicknkids Canning Squirrel

Mar 6, 2008
    Floresville, Texas
    OH MY!!!! [​IMG] I had no clue what a "seb" was so I googled it. I don't believe I have ever seen anything so beautiful in my life!!! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by