I'm gonna be RICH!

Quote:
As I glance over to my right.
hmm.png

Sheets and pillow cases $60
Bed and frame $600
King size mattress and boxspring $1200
Adding up the money you spent so that your dogs are comfortable at night....Priceless!!!

I have a lot of play room with the chickens before I hit what is spent on the dogs.

Donated 5 dozen that last two weeks to a food pantry. As I grow the flock the eggs go to a good cause. End of the year it will show on tax return. Next year with growth I'll have my $2000 to show farm status!!
woot.gif

The coop is 160sqft so I can go to 50 hens with ease.

ya.gif
wee.gif
AND ITS FUN!!!!!!
wee.gif
ya.gif

Quote:
Papa have them save your doc to "their computer". Protect the Doc with a simple 123 password. Then they can unlock "their doc" not the one on your saved docs.
big_smile.png

Where in RI are you?

Quote:
We tried to donate 7 dozen to local charitable organizations. none of them would take them. In the end I sold them so it wasn't an issue, but I'd like to be able to donate my eggs if I do end up with a surplus. Who did you donate to?

I'm in Johnston at Salisbury Farm (follow the link under my avatar)
smile.png
Nice to see other Rhode Islanders on here.

Quote:
If I had a chicken that layed just one egg between now and Easter it would end up as the main ingredient in the soup!
barnie.gif

yuckyuck.gif
Now that I reread the original post, I would have came to the same conclusion. Thankfully, today I am up to 2 green eggs. Still waiting for the remaining ladies to join the layers club.

I'm not raising chickens to sell eggs - just a small flock of 5 for personal use. But I saw an interesting business opportunity present itself the other day when someone here in Northern Alabama advertised a bucket of chicken poop for 15 dollars.

Back
Top Bottom