I'm in deep doo-doo!

I have thirty something in brooders right now...
love.gif
my little crickets!

Your really making me want to trade you some Coturnix chicks for some Silver Buttons.....HMMMM HMMM FIGHT IT FIGHT IT. I would give in and get some buttons but I just love the Coturnix....Buttons are too "Fragile" for me...they are like a rat terrier....and I want the labs! AKA my Coturnix!
Owell I can always fight this urge by getting another 2-3 dozen Coturnix eggs which are coming this week
big_smile.png

Mainchick, they're so tiny that you could probably fit ALL of them into your mouth at once, and still have room!

DucknCover is the one getting the other half. I'm going to try to keep it as even as possible with the colors, there are multiples of each kind, except for one lone white, but I have two adult whites, plus, I live right by the breeder, plus I have 35 eggs due on the 24th.

Sam, it wouldn't bother me any to do a swap! Lmao! I need coturnix, you need buttons, sounds like a plan to me, lmao. Seriously though, if you want to, let me know, you know I want coturnix chickies. We could always wait for the next batches as well, you said you were having new eggs come in, and I've got 35 in the bator, lol.

And, for the record, HAHA, Onthespot, you're the second to call Duck a she, lol. Well, at least that I know of (I'm the first, lol).

Good luck with picking them out! I gave a friend of mine 4 1-week-old buttons. Turns out she has two pair. I have at least 9 males, and 5 for sure females. I'm hoping I have 7 females, but I think it's more like 6. That's the most eggs I have gotten in one day, so......
hmm.png

Honestly, I'm not sure. They might be ivories. I don't know if I actually have any silvers... I'm terrible with colors, but, there are 3 red breasted chicks, 4 wild types (the one I thought was a blue face isn't, he does have red stripes, he's just so tiny that it's hard to see) and one white for sure. Then, I believe there are about four cinnamons (they've got weird orangish stripes, and they're kind of silver colored), and the rest seem to be ivories/silvers (most are a lighter color, so I'm assuming that most will be ivories).

These two types may be the same kind, but just darker and lighter. But, there are some with more of an orangish stripe, and the other ones seem to have more of a silver and yellow stripe.

Darkstripe2-9-09.jpg

LightStripe2-9-09.jpg

Any 'silver' colors are hard to distinguish in my opinion. I had some that were yellow with grey stripes and grey with yellow stripes. They don't look all that different as adults, so I couldn't tell you what colors they were!
The one and only cinnamon I have was *I think* grey with red stripes, but I'd have to go check my pics to be sure!
roll.png

Back
Top Bottom