I'm Just NOT a Fan !

well..i love my silkie hen...she is so sweet and is content to just hang out in my lap all day...BUT...i do think that they are purely for cuddling and cuteness....to me..they arent really chickens..LOL...just cuddle bugs!...
smile.png

Wow I finally found a thread that makes sense. Silies are just like toy chickens to me and I have heard that there is a portion of their skulls missing. I am just not a fan either of Bantams and such, just pretty worthless if you ask me. I am not into ooohhh their so cuuuutte thing. Just give me some some good old fashioned regular chickens and I am ok.

AL

I will get on the band wagon here. I know lots of wonderful people that raise Silkies, but I just dont like them at all. I dont even go down the the Silkie row at the fair. Just not my taste.

Although I used to say nearly the same thing about all Bantam breeds and those are starting to interest me a bit. Need to check out the size of the eggs. They eat a lot less?? I assume they do any way.

Quote:
big_smile.png
Well, like someone said, if I ended up with one for whatever reason, I would take care of it and such....but, wouldn't I have to watch my back?
tongue.png

I think thy are cute BUT... My chickens get to free range part of the day and I can't see myself going out every evening beating the weeds and untangling one of those floppy fuzzy mops from a cocklebur bush!
barnie.gif

I think they are cute BUT... My chickens get to free range part of the day and I can't see myself going out every evening beating the weeds and untangling one of those floppy fuzzy mops from a cocklebur bush!
barnie.gif

Back
Top Bottom