I'm Lookin' for a Breed that will Evade Predators

I'm am deleting the thread because it is starting some arguments.
I wouldn't delete the thread just because one person with a chip on their shoulder made a VERY snide comment. Some people just aren't happy unless they're stirring up trouble. BUT, this is a fantastic forum to learn from and you have a very valid question. One thing you'll find is you ask 50 people the same question and you'll get 49 different answers. Each person has their own method and what works for them.

Last edited:
Agreed. Don't kill the thread. Plenty of good options on bird selection as well as other potential solutions to neighborhood strays.

Apologies to the OP and other posters for feeding the troll and responding to his snark in kind.

ROADRUNNERS
lau.gif

You have just made my day.

Any idea where I can get some from? Do you ship them to the UK?
ha ha ha (sarcasm) but for your information I was quite serious when i asked that question.

Wow, what crawled up your butt?.... Didn't know there was only one right way to feed chickens. Or that it had to be different than feeding pigs. The quartered grapes are a treat. They have fun eating them. Again didn't realize there was only one right way to observe their behavior....
Get a sense of humor. The only right way to do anything with a chicken is the way you observe the flock. This is of great importance, especially if you're going to learn something from the observation so observe your flock closely, often, and under every condition, but most of all keep your mind open to learning something new and not open to just re-confirming your previous conceptions.

However I will defend the comparison between the way a flock of chickens eat and the way a bunch of hogs gobble their groceries.

Back
Top Bottom