I'm Looking for Chicks in SW Washington/Oregon...

Oh, I'm so jealous! They are just precious! Please reply and let me know where you got them, ok? I was just looking through my pictures this morning and saw some of my hens when they were chicks ... they were so adorable! Especially my EE, named by my grandaughter ... Easter. Actually, I don't know for sure if she's a really an EE, or an Americauna, or Arucana, or what. She has big fluffy ear tufts and black feet, but is laying pink eggs (expected blue or greenish). Just glad she's laying, don't really care what she is!

Anyway, I wanted to get more EE chicks but have had trouble finding them. I had to "reserve" the one I have at the Feed Store nearly a month before she was delivered, and even then was called the day she was delivered and told I'd better get there within an hour or she might not be able to hang on to her, as everyone was clamoring to buy her out from under me! Goodness! But she's been the sweetest, friendliest and calmest hen that we've ever had, and I would love to add a few more like her to our little flock before the summer's over.

Congrats on your new babies!

~Pam

that is so funny...one of our EE's named Pecker I think is laying pink eggs....but out of 22 its hard to know just whom is laying what. (only about 3 are laying though.

RanchGranny...are you in our area too? if you go back a few posts you will se they got their new babes at Battle Ground Feed

Last edited:
We live in Brush Prairie, Washington just down the road from you (right in front of Hartwood Golf Course?). Anyway, Pioneer Feed had sex links and black australorps last week.
I will have some yearling SLW's I will be selling in about a month when my 4 month old pullets start laying. We've had them one laying season, they are good girls but I have 60+ pullets so need to thin out the flock soon!
Twila

yes we got them from Pioneer feed on 10th. They get their chicks from Privett Hatchery in New Mexico. They do have a schedule of what they will be receiving in the next couple weeks, and of course, I can't remember what was on it, other than Light Brahmas.

They were super cool at the feed store, but so far, all the stores I've gone to, the people have been nice. We usually shop at Orchards Feed mill since it is so close, but it's nice to know we will have a back up.

We should do a mini chickenstock before school starts for all the local Vancouver people.....anyone up for something like that?

~Caran

Mini Chicken-stock? Sounds fun. I didnt realize so many people in this area kept chickens. Our flock is definately mixed-mostly brahmas and delawares but also ameracaunas, dominiques, slw's and glw's, and some new hampshires. 14 hens, 40 pullets, 1 new young beautiful ameracauna roo and one older slightly retarded brahma roo.
We also have about 50 heritage turkeys and cattle.
Twila

I didn't know anyone still had chicks around here...feed store wise. Man...learn a lot around here!
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom