Pics
Crooked Chicken wrote:
Hahaha! :lau I've heard that could happen. I was in the coop one day and saw what I thought was an egg w/o the shell. I reached in and grabbed it -- a BIG turd. lol

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!! This is pure gold. i could totally see myself going this, all thrilled and triumphant, only to come up holding a smelly load of poo. LOL!

Hahahaha..Sort of...My girls will cackle and screech..

Mine do this too, and then I get all excited that they laid their egg and run to the coop to check and there's a whole bunch of nothing. Then they slowly go back in the coop, make some noise so I think they're finally going to lay, peek in and they're looking at a nest, wait and wait, peek again and they're eating.. more noise.. come out, and nothing. GAHHHHHHH! Makes me crazy when I need to do something in the coop, but I'm waiting til they're done b/c it takes them WAYYYY longer if I'm in there. One just couldn't handle me being in there so she didn't lay at all so I try to wait for them if it's not pressing. Yesterday my aussie was trying to lay when we got there and her sisters had to wait 10+ min to go free range b/c I didn't want to open the door until she was done.

Crooked Chicken wrote:
Hahaha! :lau I've heard that could happen. I was in the coop one day and saw what I thought was an egg w/o the shell. I reached in and grabbed it -- a BIG turd. lol

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!! This is pure gold. i could totally see myself going this, all thrilled and triumphant, only to come up holding a smelly load of poo. LOL!
Yep...Been there done that..:sick:lau
Mine do this too, and then I get all excited that they laid their egg and run to the coop to check and there's a whole bunch of nothing. Then they slowly go back in the coop, make some noise so I think they're finally going to lay, peek in and they're looking at a nest, wait and wait, peek again and they're eating.. more noise.. come out, and nothing. GAHHHHHHH! Makes me crazy when I need to do something in the coop, but I'm waiting til they're done b/c it takes them WAYYYY longer if I'm in there. One just couldn't handle me being in there so she didn't lay at all so I try to wait for them if it's not pressing. Yesterday my aussie was trying to lay when we got there and her sisters had to wait 10+ min to go free range b/c I didn't want to open the door until she was done.
They can be a finicky bunch can't they?;)

My chickens are fixed. we got our first egg today. We have 5 Red Sex Links that we bought grown a few days after hurricane Irma passed over the Tampa area. I think with the stress of the hurricane and the move they just stopped laying. I grilled chicken night before last and explained to them that these were chickens that didn't lay eggs. I think it helped.

By the way. I was wearing denim shorts and a brown t-shirt and tennis shoes.

My chickens are fixed. we got our first egg today. We have 5 Red Sex Links that we bought grown a few days after hurricane Irma passed over the Tampa area. I think with the stress of the hurricane and the move they just stopped laying. I grilled chicken night before last and explained to them that these were chickens that didn't lay eggs. I think it helped.

By the way. I was wearing denim shorts and a brown t-shirt and tennis shoes.
Oh you threaten yours with that too???
I thought I was just going insane..Lol
Glad I'm not alone!
And you were wearing " real" clothes?
Hm...Come to think of it I should probably put on something besides PJs...Maybe later:lau

Just wanted to include that. I have been hoping my wife wouldn't start reading this thread because I am always telling her to quit going to the coop in her bath robe.

Well you can let her know that I said *It is a prerequisite* that you must wear your bathrobe to the coop at least once a week in order to participate in this thread, lol! ;)

Back
Top Bottom