I'm excited about something weird. Hubs told me he has to work on thanksgiving, most people would be bummed but not me. Him working means no inlaws and i get to set up camp on the couch and watch the parades " i only watch to see if a balloon goes rouge." That also means I'll be rested so i can really enjoy the black Friday fights too. It's like Christmas came early. :)
I am so jealous!!!! I want a Thanksgiving Day like that.

Yes, a very good sign! They are interested. My *guess* is in the next two weeks. One of my EE laid her first egg right in the middle of the lawn, but she figured it out by the second egg. Mine laid at 22 weeks, and 23 weeks. (but this was with lots of daylight hours in Summer, not Fall)

While I love all my hens, my EE's are by far the smartest and most friendly of the bunch. I was surprised they aren't the top of the pecking order
I have 4 EEs and one rir and I have to say I really love the EEs I plan to get moreasy in spring,don't get me wrong I love rhodie but I just can't help it the EEs are my favorites.I hope to get an egg soon!I have been checking constantly since they turned 20 weeks:fl

I'm excited about something weird. Hubs told me he has to work on thanksgiving, most people would be bummed but not me. Him working means no inlaws and i get to set up camp on the couch and watch the parades " i only watch to see if a balloon goes rouge." That also means I'll be rested so i can really enjoy the black Friday fights too. It's like Christmas came early. :)
Same. Last year my kids were w their dad. I slept til noon then did NOTHING all day long... Until my mom called & we had a LONG discussion on politics that made me happy I wasn't going over. This year kids are home which means family... Hoping to sleep in still.

I have 2 Bantam EE coming Tuesday. People really seem to love their EE. I have only been around one and she was very flighty.
I have 4 EE and 2 are flightly, one is a pita, & 1 is my daughter's and she's fairly friendly. The flighty ones were always that way. I hope you get some good ones. I love their pretty eggs.

My Easter eggers are buttholes,they're both sneaky mean. Very pretty eggs, but until that dominicker kicked her butt Bea my beaster egger "buff Orpington and ameracuna" was absolute hades on wheels. They both are jumpy as all get out. :)
I have 2 Bantam EE coming Tuesday. People really seem to love their EE. I have only been around one and she was very flighty.

Back
Top Bottom