Im new to all of this and I need some help!

ChickenCary

In the Brooder
6 Years
Mar 12, 2013
I got an incubator and eggs from a lady. She kept the eggs at 60 degrees for less than a day before she gave them to me. I had the incubator set up but only at 95 degrees. The humidity wasn't where it should have been either. This is day 3, is it too early to candle the eggs? They are Buff Orpingtons mostly. And what do you think about the degree she kept them until she gave them to me?

no you should see a dark spot in there but if you wait tell day 7 you can tell better the humidity for the first 15 to 18 day should be at 50 to 65% then the list 3 day the humidity should Be 75% but i keep eggs at 50 degrees before i hatch them good luck and hope this helps post pic when they hatch

Awe! Thank you for remembering me! They are doing good! Out of 14 eggs, 9 are fertile. Today is actually their due date! I can't wait. They have been in lock down for the past 3 days. I checked this morning for any attempts in break outs, but they wasn't any yet :(

We had 6 hatch successfully. It has been a very interesting adventure. I will take pictures and figure out how to post them on here tonight. Gosh they are so cute! How many dhicks do you have? Did you hatch any this season?

that i hatch 21 last week 8 bantam and 13 large ones i got to get pic i got 42 more set and there due off the 20

Oh wow thats alot! I think what I hatched were 2 Buff Orpintons, 2 Cochins and 2 CoCo Morans. Will have to wait until they get older to make sure.

Back
Top Bottom