I'm new with chickens and need help!!

PrincessPheebs

Hatching
5 Years
Apr 29, 2014

I am on my very first batch of pullets. They are nearing two weeks old and one of my little girls has a problem with her feet and I have no idea if this is normal or not??! She's in a flat floored tub with shavings and she seems to walk fine! Please help!

I am on my very first batch of pullets. They are nearing two weeks old and one of my little girls has a problem with her feet and I have no idea if this is normal or not??! She's in a flat floored tub with shavings and she seems to walk fine! Please help!
Riboflavin is Vitamin B 12. A deficiency can cause curled or twists in the toes. get a supplement with a good amount of B12 in it. A good vitamin-electrolyte powder in water should help, or give Liquid B12 (Rooster Booster) according to label instructions. Most feed stores carry those products. Feed that has been sitting on the shelf long, or stored improperly, or just low quality can cause these problems, or "treats" interrupting a nutritionally balanced starter/grower feed. Do not waste time supplementing this chick. if the condition hasn't lasted too long it can be corrected.

Back
Top Bottom