I'm Putting My Chickens On A Diet

LittleChickenRacingTeam

On vacation
13 Years
Jan 11, 2007
Ontario, CANADA
Not because they are overweight tho. With 6 bantam chooks I go through about 1 bag of feed a month. Last month I payed $10.49 for egg layer mash. Today it was $13.29
ep.gif

Can't let the feed costs cut into the bikini budget now can you?

Good thing grass grows wild at the roadsides because I’d hate to miss out on any luaus.

Just ONE bag of feed, that's all they eat? Oh puhleez--that's nothin'...
barnie.gif
Surely Lucky's centerfold pics pay more than chicken feed!

My hens go through allot mores and don't perform tricks stop complaining mine should lay big eggs soon !
big_smile.png
or I will have lots of chicken broth. (PS feed is still 10$ a bag here
lol.png
)

When I factor in the price of grapes & sunflower seeds, I'm thinking I might just have to put my hand out & ask for help from you all.

Please give generously & often to the upcoming Feed LCRT's Chooks Telethon. Details soon.

One bag a month? I go through three 50 lb. bags of layers crumble @ $13.89 a bag and two 50 lb. bags of scratch @ $14.49!

d.k., we have a 60 plus pound Boxer with allergies. He is on a special food, and it's bloody ridiculous what they charge for his food, especially when he eats two 50 lb. bags a month.

Em

I know how you feel, our layer feed just went up to $17 a bag, our grains went up to 9.50.... $88 a week in feed..... come on spring, please. That is not counting what the dog and cats eat.

Let's not get into what the groceries are running.

Back
Top Bottom