I'm SO ANGRY!!!

Quote:
Seriously! Do you have anything to lose by asking her what her problem is? You've already got her son! You can't possibly lose at this point.

Good luck-I'm rooting for you!
thumbsup.gif

Quote:
I could add loads and loads to this whole topic....I truely believe I have the worlds WORST IN LAWS.....
They were horrible before we were married and just get worse and worse every year...
They have made comments like " well WE should of NEVER came to your wedding" (to my husband--and this is his mom and step-dad)...
They have told us they will "NEVER have our kids over, let alone watch them for us EVER"....
We live less than 15 miles (straight as a crow flies) and they have been to our house 2 times in almost the whole 14+ years Jason and I have been together...
Our kids are 13 and 7 and they have seen them maybe 10 times total...
They even refuse to come to ANY of the kids programs (choir,band) or games(softball, volleyball, pitchball), they have never been to any of the 4-H stuff the girls do either....

BUT yet they will drive over 4 hours just to spend the day with Jason's sister, her husband and their kids...Will bend over back wards and kiss their own butts for her and her family. They never say NO to her, and give her what ever she wants....And she was a complete "beach" growing up (Jason has a scare going across his back and neck where she smashed an antique jelly jar on him)
She even moved out when she was 16 and went and lived with her real dad....(who now by the way hasnt' talked to her in more than 10 years..lol)

I really wanted to say though that I think I am gonna steal your line....
"I WIN/WON!!!" lol

Quote:
Seriously! Do you have anything to lose by asking her what her problem is? You've already got her son! You can't possibly lose at this point.

Good luck-I'm rooting for you!
thumbsup.gif

OMG I have tried and tried, I sat at a shop over coffee and talked to her for 6 hours and made no headway!!! She agrees that she shouldn't have listed to rumors from other kids that went to school with me, but she never apologized for it or even acknowledged that it was wrong... The "rumors" is where her hate for me spawned, if you can imagine an adult listening to a bunch of 16 year olds and believing every word, this happened SIX YEARS AGO and she is still holding on to it!!! She is just so self-consumed that she can do no wrong, just so immensely narcissistic... I just quit trying to appease her... I literally told everyone I couldn't care less anymore, she can do all she wants to upset me, it doesn't matter anymore... However, when she isn't treating my husband and daughter fairly; that's when I get to the point of explosion.

Last edited:
I wonder if when the time comes for someone to care for them in their old age if these bad in laws will get the care from the one they favor?

I know my grandmother favored my aunt because she needed more help than my mom, but yet my mom had to take care of her at the last because my aunt couldn't support herself when grandma quit taking care of her.

Heatherlynn wrote:

If it makes you feel any better, if you take the high road and just keeping being a good, sweet person. Taking care of your husband and family. It really goes back in the face of a horrible mother in law. I promise.

We have been married 9 years and its taken this long for his mother to approach being civil. When we were getting married she talked us into talking to my husbands pastor about marrying us. It was really a chance for him to tell us we were fornicators and he could never condone our marriage. When I was in labor with my son she told me "don't worry, if you die, I'll take care of the baby." I refused to let is bother me. I refused to let it become an issue in my marriage. She was hateful and I would send her pics of the kids, mothers day cards, videos of first steps, pics of her son. It finally came to the point when my husband decided I was a bloody saint and nothing could ever be done to change how his mother acted so he distanced himself, we didn't visit, he would only call when I insisted on her birthday and a couple holidays.

Now she has to work for a relationship. I'm not evil about it. I still stay nice but I swear my husband watches her like a hawk, just waiting for a slip, and she knows it. I just sit back and drink my tea.

It does turn around. Just have to be patient. As long as your hubby is behind you, just cling to that. You have something of hers that she cherished and eventually she will realize she will lose that forever unless she changes.

Every anniversary I say a quiet little " I WIN".

Yep...what she said....killem' with kindness sister. And as far as new sis in law ...make sure you are kind to her cause if she does stick around
idunno.gif
....she will need you to call and vent to about terrible MIL someday...probably sooner than you think.
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom