Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by hollymh, May 10, 2009.

  1. hollymh

    hollymh *A Scrambled Egg*

    Feb 8, 2009
    So I need to get my wisdom teeth extracted...ok... I really really don't want to be awake for it, I just can't, I had a baby, but I can't stand the thought of someone pulling my teeth out!!! So I called around and asked if any local dentist will put me out, they all said NO!!! So is it gassing someone down + local anesthesia or is it actual i.v. drugs putting you out? I just don't want to be awake for it!!! [​IMG] I should add that my two lower teeth are impacted so it will really really hurt!

    So I know a lot of you have your wisdom teeth out so someone has to know!!! PELASE!!!
  2. DuckLady

    DuckLady ~~~Administrator~~~BYC Store Support Staff Member

    Jan 11, 2007
    NE Washington State
    I had nitreous oxide when I had all 4 impacted teeth out.

    They do numb you and the gas...well, lets just say I didn't care what they were doing.

    They gave me pain meds for later and it was all good.

    And I was as scared as you are. [​IMG]
  3. Southernbelle

    Southernbelle Gone Broody

    Mar 17, 2008
    I was knocked out for mine, but that was 12 years ago. [​IMG] They give you happy pills - you won't remember a thing! DH was clueless when he had his done.
  4. jenjscott

    jenjscott Mosquito Beach Poultry

    May 24, 2008
    Southeast Arkansas
    you would probably have to be referred to an oral surgeon to be put to sleep, but it is way more expensive, and has to be pre approved by your insurance company, if you have one.
  5. hollymh

    hollymh *A Scrambled Egg*

    Feb 8, 2009
    Aw thanks! I hope I can find someone to put me out, they laughed when I told them how old I was and acted like I was a big ol' whimp for not wanting to be awake, they said they will only put children out... All I said was thanks for treating me like crap!
  6. hollymh

    hollymh *A Scrambled Egg*

    Feb 8, 2009
    Quote:We're military w/ 70-100% coveregae. I am already approved by Tricare.
  7. Chickenmaven

    Chickenmaven Chillin' With My Peeps

    Feb 6, 2009
    They are not going to let you feel pain. Period.

    It'll be okay. [​IMG]
  8. Imp

    Imp All things share the same breath- Chief Seattle

    You might need to go to an oral surgeon for impacted widom teeth. It is more difficult as you get older. Ask you dentist about a referral. I had mine out in my 30's with one impacted. I was sent to a surgeon, who knocked me out (IV in a clinic). Had to have a friend come with me to drive me home, or they said they wouldn't do it. It really wasn't all that painful afterwards, really sore, but the pain pills kept it down. They crushed the teeth, and remove the shards. Kinda yucky later were the shards that worked their way to the suface.
    Good Luck,
  9. bubbazmommy

    bubbazmommy Chillin' With My Peeps

    Oct 8, 2008
    Albany, ME
    I agree that you should go to an oral surgeon. Medical insurance will typically pay for at least a portion of the extraction of wisdom teeth. [​IMG]

    When I had my teeth out it was local anesthesia and I wouldn't have done it any other way. (IV in the arm)
  10. farrier!

    farrier! Chillin' With My Peeps

    Feb 28, 2009
    Southern Illinois
    Oral surgeon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    Voice of experience here. I cant usually be numbed. my impacted wisdom tooth was broken in half by the denist and only half finally came out. hurt terrible!
    I went to a oral surgeon and it was fast and recovery was far less painful too.
    The next abscessed one I had I called and paid for the surgeon myself. Well worth the few hundred I spent.

    Don't mess with the dentists go for the oral surgeon.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by